TK-82214 Field Reports (14 Troops)

May 19 2018 - Elizabethton, TN
Johnson City Symphony Orchestra's Tribute to John Williams

(My first troop!)

A joint troop between myself in Garrison Tyranus, Phil, Tyler and John of Carolina Garrison and Bobby of the Mando Mercs. We also had an R2 unit there and a Vader. Near the end of the show, we came down the isle during the Imperial March and got photos with everyone after. An awesome experience and a great first troop.

3wSMpP.jpg wQL4kL.jpg tY5UNE.jpg2BFy8z.jpg G99E8i.jpg RnOnyq.jpgwi2ECi.jpg 

Edited by DEVOLVER
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

August 25 2018 - Johnson City, TN
Johnson City Cardinals Star Wars Night

Our local minor league team had their Star Wars night and broke their all time attendance record! It was a really great troop. Lots of troopers showed up, the fans were great, kids loved us and check out the team's jerseys for the game!

Arsu89.jpg

rXp6Ma.jpg

2ud0ZN.jpg

rXGlQF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

October 13 2018 - Kingsport, TN
Conapalooza 2018

My first troop in my new ESB configuration!

fIsQ0d.jpg

The whole family was deployed this past weekend! Myself, my wife (ID-22513) and two girls were called in to pacify Rebel activity. As it turns out, my own stepdaughter was the instigator... Who could have guessed?

UZoqid.jpg

The local Mandalorian Mercs were also there to keep order. It's always a blast trooping with these guys.

gOgFyA.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

December 1 2018 - Elizabethton, TN
Elizabethton Christmas Parade 2018

This may have been my most favorite troop yet. There was a huge crowd packed with Star Wars fans, young and old. We made it all the way through the parade before it started to rain. We were soaked by the time we got back to the staging area, but it was so worth it! Didn't get any pics of the actual parade, but made sure to get shots before we set off.

BMyjF0.jpg

agwWL4.jpg

xFOo0O.jpg

YstQby.jpg

esGsQW.jpg

Edited by DEVOLVER
  • Like 1

December 8 2018 - Johnson City, TN
ETSU Buccaneers Basketball Star Wars Night 2018

This troop was for East Tennessee State University Buccaneers Star Wars Night, but most importantly to benefit Children Exceeding Expectations. CEE a St. Jude's Hospital partner school for children battling cancer. The kids got to meet with Chewie, R2 and Threepio plus Lord Vader and cohorts. The kids were so sweet and it was nice to know that for just a moment, we got to bring a smile to their faces in what is otherwise a very difficult situation for them and their families.

After the meet and greet with the kids and their families, we were part of the opening ceremonies before tip off and patrolled the stadium during the event. The game was shown on ESPN 3. A film crew was also present filming for their documentary about the 501st and Rebel Legions.

Three 501st Legion Garrisons were present as well as the Rebel Legion members who traveled all the way from Ohio in what was the eve of one of the worst snow storms of the year.

k5y7xl.jpg

HVxywa.jpg

KQmC3t.jpg

LX8UBN.jpg

nd7n36.jpg

m8MxnN.jpg

1SaYxV.jpg

EgoWyH.jpg

FKMLDR.jpg

gGk7lf.jpg

v9cvVV.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
December 8 2018 - Johnson City, TN
ETSU Buccaneers Basketball Star Wars Night 2018

This troop was for East Tennessee State University Buccaneers Star Wars Night, but most importantly to benefit Children Exceeding Expectations. CEE a St. Jude's Hospital partner school for children battling cancer. The kids got to meet with Chewie, R2 and Threepio plus Lord Vader and cohorts. The kids were so sweet and it was nice to know that for just a moment, we got to bring a smile to their faces in what is otherwise a very difficult situation for them and their families.

After the meet and greet with the kids and their families, we were part of the opening ceremonies before tip off and patrolled the stadium during the event. The game was shown on ESPN 3. A film crew was also present filming for their documentary about the 501st and Rebel Legions.

Three 501st Legion Garrisons were present as well as the Rebel Legion members who traveled all the way from Ohio in what was the eve of one of the worst snow storms of the year.

k5y7xl.jpg&key=96d376076d3b7c427eb11c0fde51043a05cf469ca57bb0f3b1bc2933c496adba

HVxywa.jpg&key=d2a78457d96373601b196e5ce7252911dc088133e85301dfd638b983d2c41b71

KQmC3t.jpg&key=e6864a88facda2d9df38b4b8b1d52fc38a859040a64b088d85087e4f8258ee0c

LX8UBN.jpg&key=a4c49d427e56c2e758275566a42b3230721dc7dd93ab10f23a2ef8277d314f33

nd7n36.jpg&key=2a79b513ecadf78ac6de4a9990ca8b48119c2afcaa6013bfb20610ba2799c4d8

m8MxnN.jpg&key=e852e1de97b759f04c06ab52e68d983d71693c85ab384717a82de70c06d18501

1SaYxV.jpg&key=830ecb6011199d77e8803722dd1c0d1a19b17f1193f8e130a971ec48cbf53ebe

EgoWyH.jpg&key=f17b667a94bf9daebc5ad997ca3ef85f661145a9307dc151717497f60b38674b

FKMLDR.jpg&key=e05cbc5284fb5a55f1d8bc20ef6f7deba2a4fce33234e096c552b5d16eaa144c

gGk7lf.jpg&key=8481826e17cb963fa52306239141ee68def220c39902d5926578c793cb6c0f10

v9cvVV.jpg&key=ffe9bd3a13130aeb81657e4b5ca029a6a7f117e953a4ab548f041d4160e3ae22

These are some epic photos Trooper - beautiful and thank you for sharing.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

February 9 2019 - Knoxville, TN
Knoxville Ice Bears Star Wars Night 2019

First troop of 2019!
This troop was for the Knoxville Ice Bears hockey team's Star Wars Night. I managed to crush my helmet under Husky bin in the car after a three hour drive to get to the troop. Luckily, it only cracked the helmet around the rim. The crack was bad, but I was able to put white Gorilla Tape over it and troop anyway. It has since been fixed.

It was a fun troop! Awesome fans with lots of crowd interaction.

In the first pic, I had put my shoulder bell on incorrectly after being in a hurry to get kitted up lol.
gDAacE.jpg ZCyAfo.jpg FTBtE4.jpg l2iMDa.jpg

Fixed!

Edited by DEVOLVER

• DEVOLVER changed the title to TK-82214 Field Reports (9 Troops)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • DEVOLVER changed the title to TK-82214 Field Reports (10 Troops)

February 27 2019 - Johnson City, TN
Niswonger Children's Hospital visit
501st/Mando Mercs cross troop

This was my first hospital visit, and honestly, I was pretty nervous. Niswonger Children's Hospital works with St. Jude and Shriners to treat childhood cancers and serious illnesses in our region. I can say without a doubt, these people are fantastic. The staff was incredibly friendly and made us feel right at home, not to mention the amazing way they take care of these young patients. I really can't say enough good things about them.

I'm glad we were able to visit. It is a scary situation for these kids and their families. If seeing a dude dressed up as a Star Wars character can just bring some good vibes to their day, I am so happy to do it. I hope for a full and speedy recovery for everyone we had the privilege to see that day. 

QATJoa.jpg

L1H9UN.jpg

7ZK0di.jpg

2LGMxh.jpg

cHIw1Q.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Double troop day! I managed to meet my self-imposed goal of trooping 12 events within 12 months and I'm pretty happy about that.

May 4th - Elizabethton, TN

Bonnie Kate Theater
Star Wars Day Movie Marathon

The historic Bonnie Kate Theater had a Star Wars movie marathon for May the 4th. We were invited to make an appearance and interact with fans. It was fun and we had a member of the Dark Empire show up. It's always fun to cross-club troop and I get to see costumes I'm not used to.

FmSIgY.jpg

7UZkpq.jpg

May 4th - Johnson City, TN
Johnson City Cardinals Stadium

Star Wars Day Charity 5K

A charity 5K for Star Wars day at the Johnson City Cardinals Stadium. We had a lot of members come up for this one with a wide variety of costumes. I didn't get many pics, though. It ended up raining a bit before the event but cleared up in time. It was a large turnout for the event and we had great fan interactions at this event for a good cause.

5MXP4C.jpg

ukDSEw.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

June 29th 2019 - Kingsport, TN
ROB-CON 2019

Had another great year at one of our local conventions, ROB-CON 2019! Great turnout of 501st, Rebel Legion and Mando Mercs. I love trooping with this group.

hAccPD.jpg

I also managed to land on the opening page for the local newspaper, the Kingsport Times News! Full article here: Rob-Con Convention 2019 Kingsport Times News

Db8gno.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

July 13th 2019 - Knoxville, TN
Fanboy EXPO 2019

My second time trooping in Knoxville, TN alongside the Midsouth Garrison. They had a great booth with a Blast-A-Trooper activity for charity. I was the Trooper being blasted for a few hours lol. I had a lot of fun with that.

Our changing and storage area was literally the walkway for the celebrity guests. I ended up talking to Carry Elwes of Princess Bride and Stranger Things fame while half dressed (SUPER nice guy) and getting a "point out" from Bruce Campbell. I'm glad I had my bucket on for that because I'm sure my face looked goofy from the smile plastered across it. Didn't end up getting any pics but of me at the Blast Booth, unfortunately.

0wvRWw.jpg

This post will end up being a bit bittersweet as it will be my last FISD troop report for a long time.
I have decided to convert my TK armor to a Sandy. It has taken a lot of wear and tear in the past year or so, plus I had always planned on being an HWT from the get go. I love the pouches, pauldrons, backpacks and big guns. So, to meet the needs of practically and taste simultaneously, I might as well go all the way. Sandy seems like the obvious route.

O09PPK.jpg

I plan on, one day in the future, building a Rogue One TK and returning to FISD in that way. I love that kit, but at this point, it's just too much financially and time wise. I am just now putting the finishing touches on a TX Death Trooper and doing my Sandy armor conversation. I'm going to need a break from building for a little while lol.

I am happy to have built my first armor as a TK and have experienced the friendly atmosphere of the FISD. Everyone in this Detachment has been extremely helpful and made me feel like I have a place in the 501st Legion. I don't think I could have built anything at all without the generous individuals of the FISD and all they do to share information and guidance.

I am proud to have taken my kit to EIB :smiley-sw013:

One day I will return in a brand new and sparkling white Rogue One kit. Until then, I sign off with Unquestioned Loyalty.

Zac Bates
TK-82214

• Like 1