MFJ ANH Stunt build AP Kit

MFJ

Your chest is sitting quite high over your ab, modifying your strapping should help, some have removed the elastic from the brackets and added elastic and snap plates with adjusters.

4teFcYE.jpgctyBSW3.jpg

comparison:

np6fr5m.jpgScreen-Shot-2016-10-18-at-9.53.59-AM-102

On 12/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, Morgi said:

If you don't want to be choked all the time, I'd recommend just cutting the middle elastic of your ab-chest connection. It works wonders in manoeuvrability and breathability ;)

2g13Pwl.jpeg

Otherwise, I'd say you could cut a bit, but I'd try the above first.

I'll give that a try first. 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:37 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Your chest is sitting quite high over your ab, modifying your strapping should help, some have removed the elastic from the brackets and added elastic and snap plates with adjusters.

4teFcYE.jpgctyBSW3.jpg

comparison:

np6fr5m.jpgScreen-Shot-2016-10-18-at-9.53.59-AM-102

svYmv6W.jpg

This is impossible being 6'2". But I'm still going to put better elastic in the front. But it'll never be that low. 

2 hours ago, MFJ said:

Also, that's Mark Hamill on the right which is 5'6" and his chest plate was cut down. This is from the scene where Luke and Han are going to rescue Leia

Correct it was only an example, bringing the chest down a little will give more room around at the neck 

"Another question. Can I cut more neck relief so I'm not feeling like I'm being choked all the time?"

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Correct it was only an example, bringing the chest down a little will give more room around at the neck 

"Another question. Can I cut more neck relief so I'm not feeling like I'm being choked all the time?"

I've taken the middle elastic off and temporarily used Velcro to pull it down and see if I can get it to work. If it does I'll make it out of snaps and 1" elastic. Without me in the clamshell it seems to work. Now whether it works while I'm in it I'll find out tonight. I'm riding around looking for the glue for my gloves. 

Full attempt again tonight. 

• Like 1

nqqwWrE.jpg

4rB1Cts.jpg

Ok. So it feels way better without the elastic on the middle of the chest piece. I couldn't get my snaps on the shoes and shins by myself and I know the color looks weird, but this definitely gave me room to breathe and I could walk around comfortable for the first time. 

I did make a bigger piece of elastic mid chest to "pull" the chest piece down. 

0p9zMU0.jpg

Patiently still waiting on Mark to send my buttons and strips. 

• Like 1