I... can't... move... (TK ANH STUNT)

so I tried on my armor for pretty much the first time today, and I have some concerns... 

is an almost complete lack of ability to move normal? is there a way to increase mobility? I was wondering if removing the return edges on the thighs and other locations might help, and I've seen people cut out a portion of the back of the shins, but I haven't really been able to find anything concrete on what's acceptable or not. Also, there's a lot of extra plastic on my butt plate and bottom of the ab plate... how much of that can I remove?

Post up some pics if you have them.
Return edge on the thighs can go if you want, also I cut the back of the thighs on the bottom for mobility. You can also take some off the entire top of the thighs to make it higher or take some off the bottom of the shins to make that lower. Doing it in little pieces will be time consuming but the safest way so you don’t go too far. We’ve all been there with some pics we can help out a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's some pics. I figure I can probably remove almost all of the bottom of the codpiece, as long as the front bits stay on, same with the butt plate, but I'm not sure.

the thing I've seen is folks cutting a trapezoid shape onto the back of the shins. 

33115522_10100241884146016_4093865854775590912_n.jpg

33109032_10100241884160986_6848758797276545024_n.jpg

33079933_10100241884959386_2707183165876731904_n.jpg

When cutting out the backs of shins and thighs, just be sure not to cut out past the ridges.

For teh cod/butt, here are some reference photos:

gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

gallery_12157_16_42306.jpg

• Like 1

You didn't mention how tall you were, Benjamin, and can you list the specific areas you are having trouble with?  Photos of these would help a lot as well so that we can get you to where you need to be.

Note that certain things will always be difficult (if not impossible) like sitting down, kneeling, bending over etc. 

So moving around will be a challenge.  That said, you should be able to go up a flight of stairs (it doesn't need to be pretty, just doable) and put on your own helmet.  The important thing is that nothing is rubbing against you and causing discomfort.

As for your cod and posterior parts - there does seem to be extra material there.  This is an AM kit, right?  Have you checked out Tony's build?  I think he mentions something about removing some of this material.  If memory serves, he keeps it on at first but then later in the build realizes he needs to remove it.  Here is the link:

• 1 month later...

Check before you do this, but don't you cut that straight tab off the cod on that particular armor?  I didn't use that model, but I sort of remember seeing that in a tutorial somewhere.  Like I said, double check that before you do any cutting.  But that should help there.

I left very minimal return edge on my butt plate and cod, just a fraction to give it a bit of depth.  I removed it entirely from my thighs and shins.  Also bottom of forearms (for Centurion, but also comfort), and mostly from the top.  Same with biceps- just a tiny bit to give the illusion of depth.  

I also did half-moon cuts in the backs of my thighs so I could bend my knees to walk without constant armor pinches.  I still have to be careful when going up or down stairs, but normal walking isn't an issue anymore.  Work incrementally, taking a little off at a time, and do one side first, then use the cut off pieces as a template for the other side to match it.  That was probably the single deciding factor in comfort, for me.  

Alternatively, if your armor is just too snug, it will vastly limit your already limited mobility and will pinch and be uncomfortable no matter what you do.  You will be stiffer at first, too, and then once you get more comfortable with the costume and how you wear it, you'll be only normal-limited.