Bicep return edge question

Do you have any pics?

Brien is correct that they are not required for clearance, however a few millimetres can help add to illusion of depth to the armour.

Could you consider losing a little from the top where it is covered by the shoulder bell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dan & Brien are correct in saying return edges are not needed for approval. But, it definitely helps in making your armor give the illusion of thickness, and might protect you against some blaster fire. 

Post up some photos for us. We are more useful when we see photos.  

• Like 2

As mentioned, return edges are not required for approval at any level.  If you need to trim them down for length, I would suggest doing that from the top.  Below is a shot of screen used armor to use as a reference:

4uj6Rn3.jpg?1

You can definitely trim the tops of the biceps, Chad.  In the photo below, it shows where you can cut down the forearms at the tops (but be sure to keep the same shape) to allow a better range of movement.  It looks as if your shoulder bells may need the return edges trimmed off the bottom as well, which will allow them to not only sit closer to the biceps but also reduce the gap shown with the blue arrows.  For more screen accuracy you can also shorten the elastic between your shoulder bells and shoulder bridges, as seen with the red arrows.  These are really easy fixes that will add to the overall look of your armor.

8qxhjnU.jpg?1

• Like 2

Thanks, I'm going to cut out some larger elbow scoops (inner elbow area) on the forearms and in the areas you marked as well in green.  My shoulder bells yes, can come in further at the top I agree, but not at the bottom due to the size of my arms. I ultimately will have to get larger shoulder bells which I plan on doing soon. 

Edited by viewoptic

27 minutes ago, viewoptic said:

Thanks, I'm going to cut out some larger elbow scoops (inner elbow area) on the forearms and in the areas you marked as well in green.  My shoulder bells yes, can come in further at the top I agree, but not at the bottom due to the size of my arms. I ultimately will have to get larger shoulder bells which I plan on doing soon. 

Sounds like you are aiming for EI and then Centurion, brother!  Always great to see someone who is eager to reach toward screen accuracy.  By the way, fantastic job on your ABS belt placement!  I do have a question about the width of your front bicep cover strips, though... (they look a bit wide).

• Like 1