Phasma's F-11D Accuracy for EIB/Centurion?

I know blasters aren't required for basic approval into the 501st, but are required for EIB and Centurion levels. Regarding Phasma's F-11D for Centurion status -- and this is only a hypothetical question -- would something like the Rubies' blaster suffice, so long as it was modded to appear more screen accurate (include the LEDs and the torch, etc.)? Or would I need something more substantial? I'm probably going to be getting something far more substantial for my build -- "If you're going to do something, do it right." is what my dad always says -- but I'm just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Blasters are required for L2 and L3

Rubies blaster would not cut it they are quite a way off in size and detail, I would recommend going with a more screen accurate version. For L3 you would need working lights too.

Yeah, I watched a brief review of the Rubies' one on youtube and the reviewer said it was really small and "thin", but would suffice for just typical cosplay. But, as I'm sure many can attest to, the 501st isn't "typical" cosplay, lol.

What are the Pro's and Con's of a 3D printed Phasma rifle vs. a resin build? Looking forward, I want to be as comfortable as possible while trooping, so I don't want a rifle with too much heft that it makes my arms sore, but enough so that it feels like I'm actually holding something and not just a hollow object.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lynn,

just happened to see this 3D printed rifle on Etsy.  Perhaps send the seller a question about it’s weight and other features to see whether it meets some L1/L2/L3 criteria, at a minimum, as part of your research?

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working