Darren' s ANH RWA Stormtrooper stunt WIP

Ok , so this is my first ever build , after reading a lot of threads I've decided my master plan of build , I'm going to start trimming the chest / abb/cod , back/kidney and butt plate , after I'm happy with that I'll strap all together and get comfy (if that's possible) then progress to arms / thigh and shins .

So peeps there's going to be plenty of questions and pics , I hope you guys can help .

So the next few piccys I've provisionally marked out ready to trim ( helmet was assembled by Ross) .Thanks f01d0302c0b1bca18b8298f9202289c2.jpg094802a4a54aefcc79a8f79b84c2b615.jpg210b6e5694a698aced2b5683d8ff2239.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For cleaning up and fine-tuning the trimming, I like to use curved lexan scissors.  Leaves a very clean cut. Of course for small bumps and roughness, I still use the Dremel.

Looking good! 

25 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Yeah, the blue is a protective film.

Ah, I figured it was just the lighting giving that hue!

I've got the bigger kidney plate.

Super. Ross is churning out some excellent bits at the moment. :-)

Look forward to following your journey (not that I’m an RWA fan boy or anything...)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the effort so far. One thing, just be careful with that marker and the bare armor itself. I've never used one(pencil instead) and would worry about bleeding into the white plastic. Could be nothing to worry about. Just haven't seen many use a marker.

Keep up the good work! Slow and steady wins the race as they say. 

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 2

Just a little more work today , also when I come to sizing my shoulder straps (white webbing) between the chest and back plate I know I've to be wearing the under suit , but should I be wearing the neck seal too? 2f7713f910bb6650c20acc51bfa40b8b.jpgb0b85b925ac86ce77a56756328d5a719.jpg

Hi Darren.

Neck seal shouldn’t make too much difference, but, if you have it you might as well measure up with it on, just to be safe.

Not sure how you were planning so measure it - personally, I used masking tape to temporarily sit where the webbing will end up, then marked the masking tape with the relevant points, giving you the desired gap between back plate and chest. (In my build thread if it’s of interest). :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Darren.

Neck seal shouldn’t make too much difference, but, if you have it you might as well measure up with it on, just to be safe.

Not sure how you were planning so measure it - personally, I used masking tape to temporarily sit where the webbing will end up, then marked the masking tape with the relevant points, giving you the desired gap between back plate and chest. (In my build thread if it’s of interest). :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have a link to your build thread ,Thanks, I'm still a little unsure how to do the measuring .thanks .

2 hours ago, Sooty1253 said:

Have a link to your build thread ,Thanks, I'm still a little unsure how to do the measuring .thanks .

Sure thing - 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42310-cableguys-rwa-anh-stormtrooper-build-cleared-targetcenturion/

Good old masking tape! ;)

This should give you a chance to try it out and see how it looks. When you’re happy with the gap, you can then add the webbing underneath. :-)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sooty1253 said:

Hi all, can anyone advise me to seek out latex hand plates please or any links, Thanks.

Hi Darren,

Imperial Warfighters are a popular choice in the U.K.  You can find them on Facebook. :-)

• Like 1