Gatch

Greetings from Jersey

I am finally making the plunge in the stormtrooper world.  A little bit about myself, I am recently retired after 20 years of service with the Air Force.  I have always been a huge fan of Star Wars, but never had the time to really get into the trooping portion of it.  To be honest its wasn't the easiest to handle everything that I needed to do versus what I wanted to do.  Now I have a bit more time on my hands and would love to start a TK build.  When I retired last year my wife surprised me with a one day pass to Celebration last year, and then I was challenged by my daughter to build a costume for the event.  Of course I wanted to be a stormtrooper at first, but after reading ly on this site I opted for an easier design, a Grey Jedi( see attached picture).  I am looking forward to learning as much as I can all of the experts.  Thank you  

5afe0a604bd2a_GreyJedi.thumb.jpg.f6881bfe0dfad9d0a077cf91a78dceed.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome from PA we’re like neighbors!
Ditch those Jedi robes. You’ll make a fine stormtrooper. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gatch and welcome to the FISD!  Congrats on your retirement. Make sure you check out the getting started section. There is a ton of information for you to read through there. Choosing your set of armor will be one of your most important decisions. Ask us any questions you may have. Have fun and good luck!

Welcome aboard!!

Love your Jedi outfit - however, good choice by coming to the dark side. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to FISD and like Dan said: cool costume but now you’ve done the right choice in becoming a Stormtrooper :salute:

Welcome and glad to hear you have decided to build a stormtrooper. There are different great vendors out there, troopermaster and rs props to name a few. A good advice is to do a lot of research on the building proces and the kind of stormtrooper, ex. From A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back. They are all different in design. 

Good Luck and dont hesitate to ask:-)

Best regards from Martin 

Greetings Gatch, 

Happy to see you make your way to the FISD Forums. We have A LOT of information to sort through. As I tell everyone that begins this Journey, it is a good idea to make sure you do plenty of research before making any purchases and ask a ton of questions. 

You are a Jedi, after all,;) I am sure you do not make any "reckless" decisions. 

I suggest you check out the following: 

The NER Garrison should be pretty helpful. I also suggest signing up on their boards if you haven't done so already, and speak to local members :) Good Luck Gatch! 

NER Garrison: http://www.501stner.com/

Hello and welcome to the FISD! Looks like everyone's provided you a great starting point already. Ask any questions you may have!

Welcome to the FISD!  Looks like you have some great links to start reading up on.  It can all seem daunting at first, so feel free to ask questions.

Thank you everyone for both the warm greetings and information.  Hopefully you will be seeing a build thread sooner than later

-Gatch

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD Gatch!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hello Gatch! Welcome to the FISD! What part of Jersey are you from? I'm up in the North end in Lincoln Park!

Welcome aboard!!

3 hours ago, Redforce said:

Hello Gatch! Welcome to the FISD! What part of Jersey are you from? I'm up in the North end in Lincoln Park!

South Jersey close to Philly