Bose

Hello from New Hampshire

I became interested in the 501st a few months before my first Celebration, 2017, I decided to join up after the 501st presentation and meeting TK 81018 of Star Garrison STX Squad. I joined the New England Garrison almost a year ago but was unable to participate with the Garrison immediately after joining due to a load of crap life threw my way and having a 2nd kiddo. I plan on being active now and I would like some advice on where to start! I'm going to start reading as many of the threads as I can to get a head start and I can hardly wait to start meeting new folks!

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the FISD! What are you looking to build?

Greetings Kyle. It's good that you found your way over on the FISD. There is a lot of threads on here. Defitinatley takes the time to look through them. Here are some helpful links that will help along your Journey. Good Luck! Reach out if you have any questions. :salute:

1.  I want to be a Stormtrooper.  Where do I begin?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

2.  Where do I buy armor?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

3.  What is recasting/where do I NOT buy armor?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

4.  What are the steps to becoming a Stormtrooper?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30456-how-to-join-the-501st-legion-as-an-imperial-stormtrooper-tk/

5.  What are Expert Infantry and Centurion?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

6.  What supplies will I need?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

• Like 1

There you go, Preston's got you covered! Once you decide which OT TK you want to be, take a look at the vendors list. Keep in mind your body size and type when selecting a vendor. Once you get your BBB, start a build thread in the appropriate subforum and we'll all help you along the way!

• Like 1

Just now, lucnak said:

There you go, Preston's got you covered! Once you decide which OT TK you want to be, take a look at the vendors list. Keep in mind your body size and type when selecting a vendor. Once you get your BBB, start a build thread in the appropriate subforum and we'll all help you along the way!

Luc is on point. Please keep your body type in mind. I had to re-order parts because I was an eager cadet. lol

Hi Kyle.  Welcome to the FISD.  Preston has given you some great reading material.  The best place to start is with some research.  The OT TK is a great choice (I'm an ANH Stunt TK)!  Lots of great reference and builds here.  Once you have settled on which version of an OT TK you want, the next big decision is picking a vendor/maker.  This choice will depend partly on budget and your body shape/size.  So, if you have questions, feel free to ask - someone will have an answer for any question.

You are in for an amazing journey.  :duim:

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Kyle!

I'm also in the NEG and any questions you have feel free to reach out. 

Research is the key to a great set of armor.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hello and welcome aboard

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I have decided that I will be going with ANH Stunt for my first TK kit. I followed the links that were provided earlier in the thread to a verified vendor and I was curious as to what questions I ought to ask the vendor to insure that I am happy with my purchase. I figured that I ought to give the vendor my height, weight, waist size and that I should find out what the cost would be.

Just make sure the armor will fit you body size, by giving them height and weight. Some fit bigger guys better. All the listed vendors have great armor, you’ll be happy with any choice. You might also want to ask what the delivery time frame is. Some makers have armor on hand some don’t, depends on how fast you want it. Of course I’d check price to make sure you have the funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. You have already gotten some great advice, so you have a great start. I myself got an armor from Troopermaster which is Awesome. It is A New Hope stunt. There are Many different types of TK armor, most go with the original stormtrooper from A New Hope but they are all awesome in my opinion:-)

Best regards 

Martin

Hello and Welcome to FISD.

I think Preston's got you covered all the links.

Enjoy and hope you get your TK kit, build and approved soon

Hey kyle, welcome to FISD.

Hi Kyle and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!:dancing-trooper:

Thank you all for the sound advice and kind words. I have placed my name on a waiting list for a kit, 4-5 month wait, and I'm excited to start helping out with my local garrison. I've been in contact with my garrison and they assigned me a mentor, I plan on thoroughly picking his brain!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It can definitely be tricky balancing troops with family time, but it can be done, sometimes at the same time :P

33337589_10155646174465875_1406128097496

Welcome aboard :)

• Like 1

Make sure you help at events. It’s a great way to meet people, see how things work and check out other costumes. Everyone has different ways of doing things the more you see the more knowledge you can take from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! It looks like the others got you sorted out well and you are on your way. Enjoy the journey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk