Celebration 2019 Announced

gmrhodes13

On 5/18/2018 at 6:02 PM, TKSnake said:

Looks like group rates start on June 5th when tickets go on sale, but there's no telling how much of a "savings" it will be.

How do the group rates work?  Do you have to have roomates lined up before the rooms are available?

22 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

How do the group rates work?  Do you have to have roomates lined up before the rooms are available?

From what I know, it's not like what you have with SDCC where you have to do the "room lotto"; they'll just have hotels offering special convention rates at a first-come-first-served basis, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

On 16/05/2018 at 8:06 PM, starsaber25 said:

I booked at the Hyatt Regency as well!  Chicago will be interesting. 

Was it csncelled due to error a day later?

On 20/05/2018 at 3:19 PM, sandtrooper said:

You are booking a room. Group only means your room will be in the same area as others in the same group.  With the increase threefold in prices that week i doubt it presents a savings, just location.

• 2 weeks later...

Celebration London 2015 was a lot of fun and the 40 Year Celebration in Orlando was EPIC. I was expecting Anaheim this time around to coincide with the new Star Wars themed land at Disneyland which opens in the spring of 2019. I was poised to book my flights and hotel and... then the announcement... Chicago. 

Chicago? Wait. What?!? 

Sigh.

I love going to Celebrations but there’s nothing else there of interest to me so it’s hard to justify the time and expense. I’ll skip the 7000 mile flight and spend the cash elsewhere.

To those who will be going, have fun! And to those who have never been , you’re in for a treat BUT plan ahead and expect to spend your nights sleeping on the floor of the queue hall while waiting in line for wristbands if you can’t buy the high level passes.

Edited by Addertime

• 2 weeks later...