Rookie builds a rs anh-stunt tk

1 hour ago, troopermaster said:

The left arm is a fan sculpt.. Not many people know this but the RS is about 3/4 cast from an original and not 100% like they would have you believe.

I don;t think there is much you can do about the shape. Just make it fit as best you can as mentioned.

Paul

You know which parts are fan sculpt?  I might be wrong but the shoulder straps, main belt, drop boxes, belt caps, ammo thigh and hand plates look fan sculpt 

Mark (AP)

1 hour ago, ABS80 said:

Paul

You know which parts are fan sculpt?  I might be wrong but the shoulder straps, main belt, drop boxes, belt caps, ammo thigh and hand plates look fan sculpt 

Mark (AP)

Yes, the shoulder straps, knee plate, ab buttons and hand plates were supplied by me from my old set of moulds. The left bicep and forearm, main ammo belt, thigh ammo strap, drop boxes and belt rivet covers were sculpted by Rob. He did sculpt the missing inner parts to the shins but has gone back to using doubled up parts. The sculpted shin parts are why Anovos have funky shins.

Edited by troopermaster
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, troopermaster said:

Yes, the shoulder straps, knee plate, ab buttons and hand plates were supplied by me from my old set of moulds. The left bicep and forearm, main ammo belt, thigh ammo strap, drop boxes and belt rivet covers were sculpted by Rob. He did sculpt the missing inner parts to the shins but has gone back to using doubled up parts. The sculpted shin parts are why Anovos have funky shins.

Thank you for sharing!  They should specify in description its kind of misleading to customers as they think they are buying 100% original :(  you do great work you should get some credit

Edited by ABS80

• 9 months later...

After a long time, many things happenened in life and i think it´s time to reshape my helmet,

not sattisfied with the forehead.

But i did a mistake. I don´t use srews and nuts, i used rivets.

So ... why shouldn´t i use a dremel to get the rivets out?

And the answer is, because the rivets get hot and melt throw the abs ...

VJ6Gdlp.jpg

and the more important thing is, the rivets get very hot.

So allways protect your fingers, or you get burned ...

tgzx3Fi.jpg

Yes, you are correct. It´s the sign of a hot rivet.

But after all, i am pleased how the frown looks now.

VA8XJPV.jpg

After a long time, many things happenened in life and i think it´s time to reshape my helmet,

not sattisfied with the forehead.

But i did a mistake. I don´t use srews and nuts, i used rivets.

So ... why shouldn´t i use a dremel to get the rivets out?

And the answer is, because the rivets get hot and melt throw the abs ...

VJ6Gdlp.jpg&key=a7d4ad0ca122d808a1c9070cee2b9c422957892caec193ee24d85bd61bab80d8

and the more important thing is, the rivets get very hot.

So allways protect your fingers, or you get burned ...

tgzx3Fi.jpg&key=06c3bd1b126a330bd5ad1646e88479fe7e1dba431fae32d60d61e733be337764

Yes, you are correct. It´s the sign of a hot rivet.

But after all, i am pleased how the frown looks now.

VA8XJPV.jpg&key=417a9357239677d9a74e79731f01474496e6ddf62b22c486bde1b1e738bf5b38

Eek. Yes, drilling out rivets can be a pain. Nice and slowly reduces the risk of melting.

Out of interest, what made you choose to move the brow so low? Most ANH Stunt helmets had a nice gap above the eyes, including the RS helmet that yours was cast from.

Original RS helmet;

c3b7ce86c0773d4babf3f13abc758af5.jpg&key=099030e66bbf473d33d031c15d9984d4063029e370193ba01d6a78b3c3319a9a

Random selection from ANH and ESB

5a1928a32a4a478ddaf41f40b60e368c.jpg&key=fd682de9ca8fb6c65fe57a4b7a37b94ba36708f8c37085737a0cb48c0522bd65

I have to take another picture. I just fixed the two parts of the helmet with one screw on each side in place of the ears,

so the two halfs tilt a little bit. Depending how you hold the helmet, the brow is high, or lower.

I have to decide and to try out, where to set the rivets at the bottom.

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Out of interest, what made you choose to move the brow so low? Most ANH Stunt helmets had a nice gap above the eyes, including the RS helmet that yours was cast from.

I like the low-brow. I saw on most pictures the low-brow at the hero-helmets, but i can´t help my self. It is like it is and i know i have to lift the brow a little bit.

• Like 1

I have to take another picture. I just fixed the two parts of the helmet with one screw on each side in place of the ears,
so the two halfs tilt a little bit. Depending how you hold the helmet, the brow is high, or lower.
I have to decide and to try out, where to set the rivets at the bottom.
I like the low-brow. I saw on most pictures the low-brow at the hero-helmets, but i can´t help my self. It is like it is and i know i have to lift the brow a little bit.

Cool. Fair comment. :-)

Ideally I find using a very sharp drill on low speed while gripping on to the rear of the rivet with pliers the best. You can always use some washers and nuts and bolts now that you have the rivets out

• Like 1