Rookie builds a rs anh-stunt tk

It seems you and I are pretty much at the same place with our RS helmet builds.  Do not underestimate the power of magnets and tape at this stage.  This will allow you to manipulate the spacing of all the components and see the finished product before it is tacked down.

I must of shimmied and adjusted the face and cap a dozen times at this point.....and gone through lots of masking tape.  I'm almost to the point of drilling the holes......but everything has to sit perfectly first ;)

23 minutes ago, GilFran007 said:

I must of shimmied and adjusted the face and cap a dozen times at this point.....and gone through lots of masking tape.  I'm almost to the point of drilling the holes......but everything has to sit perfectly first ;)

Hey Gil ... as you said ... clambs on ... faceplate mm´s to the front. Ahh ... and mm´s back ... uuhhh ... there is the gap again.

For this evening i trimbed the ears a little bit and think about the drillholes.

Tomorrow is another day and the sun will shine again.

Some screen helmets for reference and as you can see they are a bit rugged and I think the way you have yours are perfect and would like to suggest that you use the lens (tape it in temporary) to see if the look appeals to you - as it is your helmet, I´m mearly offering my opinion:salute:
gallery_14191_25_15962.jpggallery_14191_25_48295.jpg

Great advice from Daniel. It’s very tempting to trim/file too much out from the eyes. As Daniel said, many screen used helmets had a little flashing/return around the eyes. Helps add to the ANH vibe. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played around with my bucket last night and see how the brow gap forms.  I have my helmet trimmed down so that the mask sits right up to the brow naturally.

Do you have excess plastic on the sides and top of the faceplate that is not allowing you to push the face right to the front of the dome?  These RS kits come off the molds in pretty rough shape compared to some of the pristine fan molds (AP).  There's lots of doctoring to be done to get the pieces to sit nicely together.

Hey Gil,

i will post more pictures tomorrow. At the top of the faceplate i cut a piece, maybe 2cm high and from side to side.

Your advice to fix it more with tape helps me alot, so i can see more how it looks like.

More to come tomorrow! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

I think i found the mistake i´ve done.

Trimm less, than i should do.

c610fc-1527253035.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=c610fc-1527253035.jpg

b10a3c-1527253087.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=b10a3c-1527253087.jpg

aaaaand ... command back!!!

I didn´t cut at the lines, just a little bit with the sandroll and my dremel so the sides fit better to the tubes.

1d5251-1527254042.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=1d5251-1527254042.jpg

But after all, i have to drill the holes some mm back.

Edited by Lupus1202

Glad you found the areas that need adjustment.... Just be careful that there is still enough of an overlap for the ear screw to grab during install.

I thought I didn't have enough at one point, but just had the face plate moved too far back :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ladies and gents,

trimmed the ears yesterday. Right looks pretty good, but the left one is a little bit tricky.

I don´t want to change the form of the earpiece, but don´t think, this can be wright???

aa1e6e-1527414050.jpg

9ef941-1527414082.jpg

Your opinions and advice is asked.

As Frank said, the bottom screws will probably bring that all together. A gap may still be present between some parts of the ear and the helmet, but the helmets used in the movie had some gaps too. It's almost impossible to have no gaps at all anywhere from the front and back, but you can check this post that might help you: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29238-my-helmet-ear-tutorial/ .

Edited by hollowbodies
  • Like 1

Hey Wolfgang, I had the exact same problem, and also the exact same doubts - but I decided to check what the helmet will look like with the help of magnets, and it looked alright. Then I punched in the rivets, and it looked better. And after screwing the ears on and tightening the screws, I was seriously overwhelmed by how well the bucket suddenly fits together! Plus, remember you can always unscrew the ears and adjust and correct them.

Don't lose hope! ;)

9xl4F6C.gif

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A long time ago i started this thread and it´s time to get back on the way.

So after i ruined the backside of the right bicep by cutting to much off, i had to order a new piece and

get to the left side ...

uf5nvg2t.jpg

hialfw89.jpg

8njsyp3k.jpg

As you can see, i marked 190mm + 7,5mm both sides.

Edited by Lupus1202

Your opinion on the result ladies and gents.

hsyxn6ip.jpg

d437b3p8.jpg

chpc445l.jpg

I know i have to cut the returnedges, but i am pretty happy with it. Some sanding here and there an it will fit perfectly.

By the way, 190mm at the top of the bicep, 170mm at the bottom.

Wolfgang, are you subscribed to the RS Propmasters YouTube channel ? They have posted quite a few " how to build" videos recently . 

Have a good look ...they cover building the biceps in great detail . 

• 2 weeks later...

Assembling the lower arms, the left one came out nice and round. The right one is more oval in diameter and it´s larger in hight.

RS send me an assembling guide with pictures, where the outer half of the right arm is cut of at the wrist and the inner half is a little bit trimmed at the elle bow so they are equal in hight.

It will maybe look nicer, but is it wright???