Ok I have decided to go with AM Armor because of my body size.      When I type In Stormtrooper AM Armor Stormtrooper Store  ( Atlanta Ga) comes up.     Then I saw on the form of vendors to stay away from and I saw someone  posted stay away from Stormtrooper shop.   Are they both the same ?     Right now I'm interested in buying the Bodysuit, Neckseal and gloves   

Hi Peter and welcome to the FISD!  If you are looking to get in contact with a vendor for AM armor then you have two choices.  On facebook you can look for the group Armor Masters.  Or you can email Troopergear@gmail.com .  These are two vendors for AM armor.  OR there is a set with many extras available in the for sale section now.

More then likely you want to stay away from whatever websites you found.  The only websites that sell armor that are legit are Anovos.com and RSpropmasters.com.  Any other websites that claim to sell armor you will want to stay away.  I hope this helps.  Ask any other questions you may have!

15 minutes ago, Redcoat 35 said:

Ok I have decided to go with AM Armor because of my body size.      When I type In Stormtrooper AM Armor Stormtrooper Store  ( Atlanta Ga) comes up.     Then I saw on the form of vendors to stay away from and I saw someone  posted stay away from Stormtrooper shop.   Are they both the same ?     Right now I'm interested in buying the Bodysuit, Neckseal and gloves   

AM armor and Stormtrooper shop are two different shops!! 

Start your research here.

I'm going with AM so I will email them with link you sent.     Also I'm going to purchase all my soft things 1st ( Undersuit, Gloves and Neck Seal.     I see for undersuit some get the full body suit with zipper others get shirt and bottoms.   Do fellow troopers favor one over the other ? 

4 minutes ago, Redcoat 35 said:

Do fellow troopers favor one over the other ? 

I prefer a two piece, easier to go to the toilet in armor, well I find it is anyway.

I can wear the pants to a carpark change and put the shirt on there.

Really it's entirely up to you.

Two- piece is also nice because you can replace parts seperately if/when they wear out.

Thanks for the info and I didn't think about the bathroom aspect lol.    I guess the 2 piece would be better then for me lol

Hey Peter, 

Happy to see you choose your armor. You are well on your way. You have a few vendors here that provide awesome soft goods. But you can find almost any undersuit on Amazon for a decent price. Just remember, no logos or colored stitching. Needs to be plain black ;) If there are logos, just make sure they are covered when you put on the armor. 

I concur with the masses that 2 piece is the best option for most troopers, but either works. 

Assuming you will be creating a ANH-S, and hoping you aim for EIB/Centurion you can get rubber gloves almost anywhere. Home Depot/Lowes are great places to start. You will need Rubber/Silicone Handguards. @Alay offers some EPIC sets ;)

Good Luck Trooper! Reach out if you need any assistance. 

I have both. I like the look of the one piece but honestly haven’t trooped in it. Ended up getting a deal on two separate “summer” pieces (meant to keep you cool) so I jumped on that being as I’m new and it’s almost summer. It does seem a bit easier in two pieces, the one piece is a bit awkward if changing in a bathroom which I’ve had to do already. I’d stick with a cheaper separate set and see how you like it. Just make sure you know if your getting compression workout gear or compression winter gear. Winter gear will not be good in the summer where as workout gear will help evaporate sweat.

I prefer a 2 piece undersuit as I can use the parts for different things.  I use the bottoms esp. for hiking/camping in cold weather, or under my ski gear.  The top has a neckseal sewn directly in, else I'd use that for out door stuff too.

I'm one of the few that uses and loves a one-piece I guess!!  I tried my husband's two-piece a few times and just didn't feel "secured".  Plus the one piece makes those winter troops here in the North East warmer ;)