Cpt. Phasma

Greetings From San Jose, CA!

Greetings! My name is Lyn and I'm from San Jose, CA. I'm eager to join the 501st as a way to broaden my social skills, have fun with other passionate Star Wars fans and raise money for various charities. I am a passionate Captain Phasma fan, so it's only natural that I wanted to make her costume my first ever build... Am I crazy? Probably. Especially since I've never done anything like this before. But that's part of the excitement, I think. While I'm still in the research stage, I already know I want to try for at least an EIB out of the gate. I've already read various threads here (including the "Getting Started" section) and referred to Captain Phasma's page of the CRL, so I'm on my way -- I hope!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, I know there have been some changes with the CRL's so make sure you do check on them from time to time. Good luck and hope to see a build thread soon.

Your crazy!
Just kidding. Welcome aboard. We will all be here on the journey to help out in any way. So you’ll be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Lyn and welcome to FISD:salute: Great to hear you are shoting for higher levels - be all you can be Trooper :duim:

Welcome to the FISD, Lyn!  You are in good company... we are all crazy here.  You are off to a good start - research.  Best of luck with your build!

Phasma is an epic build!!!

Make sure to get in contact with your local Garrison- they can help assist you in your journey. Great to have you aboard the FISD Lyn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Lyn, 

Glad you found us here at the FISD. We are all a little crazy I think if we decide this to be our hobby ;)

As you mentioned, you have already started research in the "getting started thread" But if you have not done so already, definitely check out the Phasma area: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/188-captain-phasma-tfa-and-tlj/

Once you are ready, create a build thread. Fellow troopers will be giving feedback and insight during the build. Best of Luck trooper!

Hello and welcome to the FISD! Any thoughts as to which one you'd like to do? There are some differences between TFa and TLJ.

Hi and Welcome! You have taken your first steps into a larger world:-)

Welcome to the FISD Lyn!

Phasma is a pretty Lady!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hello and welcome aboard

11 hours ago, Pyrates said:

Phasma is an epic build!!!

Make sure to get in contact with your local Garrison- they can help assist you in your journey. Great to have you aboard the FISD Lyn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, she is! I have a tendency to skip the kiddie pool and jump headlong into the deep end, if you know what I mean, lol. But I crave a challenge so I'm looking forward to the project.

And you will be happy to know I've already bookmarked my local Garrison, the Golden Gate Garrison, so I'll be ready to ask questions both here and there once I begin work on my project.

9 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Hey Lyn, 

Glad you found us here at the FISD. We are all a little crazy I think if we decide this to be our hobby ;)

As you mentioned, you have already started research in the "getting started thread" But if you have not done so already, definitely check out the Phasma area: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/188-captain-phasma-tfa-and-tlj/

Once you are ready, create a build thread. Fellow troopers will be giving feedback and insight during the build. Best of Luck trooper!

Ah! Thank you so much for the tip! I'm still working my way around the forum and wasn't aware there was a Phasma area -- it will most definitely come in handy!

4 hours ago, lucnak said:

Hello and welcome to the FISD! Any thoughts as to which one you'd like to do? There are some differences between TFa and TLJ.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, I know about the differences between the suit in TFA and TLJ (at least the more obvious changes, like the finish and how the bottom portion of the leg armor is one continuous piece in TLJ and two pieces in TFA) and honestly, I'm leaning more towards the TFA version at the moment, but I'm so early into things that there's plenty of time for it to change.

To my fellow future Troopers, thank you for such a warm welcome! :peace:

• Like 2

Hi Lyn and welcome to the FISD!  This will be a very exciting time for you. There is nothing like building a set of armor that you can be proud of. When you finally receive your armor, make sure you start a build thread. It will give everyone an opportunity to help you along with your build. Ask us any questions you may have. Have fun and good luck!

• Like 1

Hey Lyn! Welcome to the FISD! I'm in the GGG and would be happy to assist. I don't believe we have any Phasmas in the Garrison, but we do have a number of FOTKs (I'm actually in the middle of a FOTK from KB) and there are a lot of similarities in the amor. When will you be getting your kit? We have semi regular armor parties that I believe are open to potential members. Feel free to PM me.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard! I'd love to do a Phasma were I a little taller. As it is, I'm just right too be Stormtrooper :P Plenty of folks here who can provide info. I know we have some Phasmas in the SCG, so reach out if you need any help.

Welcome!   

I can recommend the best local builders here in the Bay Area.

Feel free to message me anytime.   

Hi Lyn and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, keep in contact with your local Garrison. They may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

Welcome! Crazy? Yes! Crazy like a fox!!! As it's been mentioned, we're all a bit crazy so you've found kindred spirits!

Hi Lyn! Welcome to FISD!