Hydraken’s ANH stunt build AM 2.0

Got the back strips drying. Don’t know if I’ll get anything else done today, but at least these legs are close to being wrapped up!5032d885d4782910b9b4a444aed76ab5.heic
And my wife and son got me these sweet stools for the garage for Father’s Day!1eb86dac8f96b3a4ae4a059a2604738b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to get a bit done while I’m home for the weekend. Question about the butt plate: do I cut at the line and place snaps above, or leave the bottom section and place snaps below? The bottom tab does make things a bit uncomfortable, but I will at least round it off. Seems that if I cut the tab off completely that the snaps might be too high?092094b245fa5c193f16e268727151d1.heic

Trying to get a bit done while I’m home for the weekend. Question about the butt plate: do I cut at the line and place snaps above, or leave the bottom section and place snaps below? The bottom tab does make things a bit uncomfortable, but I will at least round it off. Seems that if I cut the tab off completely that the snaps might be too high?092094b245fa5c193f16e268727151d1.heic

On my build, not that I have finished, I cut about 5mm or so, from your line, that way you can keep the illusion of a return by reducing the inside curves to match it.

That being said, I have been reducing the returns on my build to improve flexibility in the parts, so the 5mm may become less.

If you look through my build, it may make more sense.

• Like 1

So this is how I ended up for the butt as overall I felt above the ridge line would be too high for the snaps even though I’ve seen it both ways. So about return edge on the butt; I feel like I have plenty of “beef” on my own backside LoL. Are my pencil marks at a good place to trim the return?01cac3f4d0b0f56be4d8a3f0804ca986.heic

I cut mine at the line, never a fan of the g-string feel when walking with that extra material. With the snaps, they will bow down with the pressure from the front cod and the elastic band pulling.

My build, will still trim the outside returns for comfort.

Q4OKK5t.jpg

• Like 1

I went with screen accurate strapping (brackets and elastic) due to the fact I wanted to emulate the Movie suit as accurate as I possible could. As long as good elastic is used I don`t see a "con" with it and if the elastics would wear out, I`ll  just replace:)

Looking at the build it appears your smaller ab button plate might be a bit big? Could just be the angle though, it should look something like this:salute:

Ab_Plate_06.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

I went with screen accurate strapping (brackets and elastic) due to the fact I wanted to emulate the Movie suit as accurate as I possible could. As long as good elastic is used I don`t see a "con" with it and if the elastics would wear out, I`ll  just replace

Looking at the build it appears your smaller ab button plate might be a bit big? Could just be the angle though, it should look something like this:salute:
gallery_12157_16_2210.jpg    

Yeah, I think it’s slightly crooked too. I’ll have to pop it off and trim when I get home for the weekend. Thanks!

• Like 1

Elastic might also stretch a little bit over time, depending on the quality of the elastic you'll use - some will stretch more than others. This may result in initial measurements not always remaining exact and changing a bit the fit of the armor. However, like Daniel said, if that happens, you can always change the elastic! 

Good nylon might be a bit more "strong" over time. It will hold your stuff in place, but will also be a bit less flexible movement-wise than elastic.

I think both are good for different situations - depends what you're looking for! ^^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This whole work thing is really interfering with my build. Lame... LoL
But I’ve got a few things done. Popped off the smaller ab button plate, trimmed it up some more and reattached. I cut my forearms and biceps and have inner support strips drying as I type. Ammo/battery belt attached to bottom of thigh. Just need to paint the rivets. Also attached holster to the belt and glued rivet covers on. Also been working on my helmet electronics. a514b9b1222c07a56732339f66b6fe24.jpga47fc407ead8021da359da3f4eb69379.jpgmight try to get the ab rivets and snap done tomorrow.

• Like 1

So with the AM 2.0 kit there’s these big flares on the bottom of the back piece. b5fd843fabbf1ad82b5d3f42806fafc1.jpg
Is it ok to trim it down as I have marked below? Or is it something I should heat shape? Seems like a bit much to heat shape IMO. 59f1c84af718bc1c5b813c47212e3a30.jpg

7 hours ago, Hydraken said:

Is it ok to trim it down as I have marked below?

I would trim it more like this: oh..and sorry for cutting your thumb:P

iQ8kSyB.jpg

And RS suit for reference:

2VF5Ogi.jpg

• Like 2

Shoulder bridges glued and working on some strapping. Going for the double snap method. Should be finishing up soon! Back to NJ for the work week, hopefully get finished up this coming weekend. Debut at superCon would be sweet, but I don’t wanna rush it now. 75efd7e7f0c82ff4c97c91e11da53f36.jpg

• Like 3