Hydraken’s ANH stunt build AM 2.0

1 minute ago, lucnak said:

You're going to want to keep your cover strips proportional, so if you need to make them bigger in one place, you'll have to do so all over. "Standard" is 15mm for the arms, 20mm for the legs, 25mm for the backs of the shins. So if you make them 25mm to accomodate the thighs and the front of the shins, you would increase the back of the shins to be 30mm, and also increasing the arm cover strip width accordingly (in this example, to 20mm)

So as long as I keep it all proportional, I’m good all the way through level 3 right?

9 minutes ago, Hydraken said:

So as long as I keep it all proportional, I’m good all the way through level 3 right?

To an extent - I would probably not go much larger than what I suggested. If you do need to make any limbs bigger than that, it may be best to shim them.

Could just be the photo, but it looks like you might have put together two inner halves, how does the other thigh look like?

Haha! Good catch! I caught that when I looked at the next thigh... Thank God they still fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’ve got the front cuts done on the legs, cover strips & inside support strips cut. Does anyone see any issue with me attaching all the legs in the front with cover strips and then fitting for back cuts? I thought I might get a more accurate line/fit/cut that way. a12a47b6e880ac9398c916be9f48a70b.heic

36 minutes ago, Hydraken said:

Well that’s odd! Wonder if Tapatalk is acting up again. Can’t seem to post it mobile forum either...

Yep. Tapatalk is broken... at least for displaying pics.  Check out the thread below:

30 minutes ago, Hydraken said:

I have to admit, I have no idea what that is or where to find it....

Meant to say BBCode. Click on your picture and copy, then paste that into the forum

aqoazAR.png

Looks like it might be working again, so I’ll post this question again too:

I’ve got the front cuts done on the legs, cover strips & inside support strips cut. Does anyone see any issue with me attaching all the legs in the front with cover strips and then fitting for back cuts? I thought I might get a more accurate line/fit/cut that way. b3676a02d4c1ce4e5d81f99f36d72ce1.heic

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hydraken said:

Looks like it might be working again, so I’ll post this question again too:

I’ve got the front cuts done on the legs, cover strips & inside support strips cut. Does anyone see any issue with me attaching all the legs in the front with cover strips and then fitting for back cuts? I thought I might get a more accurate line/fit/cut that way. b3676a02d4c1ce4e5d81f99f36d72ce1.heic

That is what I am doing as well. Front cut to the correct dimensions, then work on the back. 

• Like 1

Got a question if it’s really worth making the trim along the length of the plastic belt... seems like a large margin of error to trim off 1.5mm. I can see cutting the 1/4” off of each side. If I don’t make that lengthwise cut, will that keep me from centurion??409af2b7920e6c2733213c714a9df4fa.heic