Hydraken’s ANH stunt build AM 2.0

Your shins are correct, the shorter swoop goes to the inside:duim:
p5simoM.jpg

Thank you! After looking at the forums for shoulder bells I’m still a bit unsure of which is which. I don’t see much of a defined “swoop”. But my best guess would be from the pic I posted, that on left is left & on right is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hydraken said:

I don’t see much of a defined “swoop”. But my best guess would be from the pic I posted, that on left is left & on right is right.

Yeah that would be my guess too, a bit hard to see as you say but unless you permanantly fix the biceps in the bells you can swap as you go along.

The CRL (costume reference library) states:

Shoulder Armor
  • One on each shoulder.
  • The shoulders are considered effectively symmetrical.
  • They may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders
  • Shoulders have a black elastic strap that wraps around the inside of the bicep.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
  • There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.
  • Like 1

You have just asked the same question i was going to ask about, concerning the shoulder bells :)

I have searched through a lot of builds to get a clue, but not found anything for certain, that being said, i think your left in the photo is left and the right is right.

• Like 1

Nice work on your bucket.

Are your frown two middle teeth openings different sizes? It would be nice if they were similarly trimmed.

• Like 1

Nice work on your bucket.

Are your frown two middle teeth openings different sizes? It would be nice if they were similarly trimmed.

Yeah they are slightly different. I could maybe get a little more off the left one. I was trying to follow the curvature as I’m pretty nervous about dang near every step of this process. I’ll try to hit it again when I get back in town. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Hydraken said:

Painting has commenced. I really suck at/hate painting.... Anything else I should do to these? 

LlrQT6n.jpg

Use good quality tape and take your time. Allow as much time possible for drying (when painting the traps, sucks when you put tape over paint that is not fully cured (I usually wait 48 hours to be safe).

Looking good, make sure to do rounded tops on the black vocoder.

So I’m getting some conflicting information and want to make sure I do this right... It makes sense to me that all the front cover strips should be the same width; but do they have to be a specific width? I’m a big guy (5’10”, 225 lbs.) I have tree trunk legs. I have heard 20mm in the front, but it seems that would throw off the back of the legs if I needed too much back there. Thanks y’all. 

You're going to want to keep your cover strips proportional, so if you need to make them bigger in one place, you'll have to do so all over. "Standard" is 15mm for the arms, 20mm for the legs, 25mm for the backs of the shins. So if you make them 25mm to accomodate the thighs and the front of the shins, you would increase the back of the shins to be 30mm, and also increasing the arm cover strip width accordingly (in this example, to 20mm)