Hydraken’s ANH stunt build AM 2.0

On 5/19/2018 at 6:39 AM, Frank75139 said:

Moving fast. As for the mounting. I haven’t done it but I’ve seen most people use the sugru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to move too fast. I travel for work, and just happen to have about a week and a half off so I’m getting done what I can while I can. LoL yeah, I’ve seen sugru used more than most anything else in these forums, so there must be a good reason for it. So I’ll just wait for the sugru to arrive. Thanks!

Well...not really any need for sugru as you already have the t-nuts, the sugru will make ut air-tight but I guess you plan for fans so never mind me 

I do have plans for the fans, but I still don’t want it airtight. I was thinking of using the sugru more for making a cleaner look with a “lip”. And then plasti-dip it all.

Also, I didn’t mention this earlier in the post, but I’m wanting to build to centurion specs right out of the gate. So if anyone sees anything on my build that would be questionable or not right, please let me know. There’s so much good information on these forums, it can be a little overwhelming at times! I sincerely appreciate all of your experiences and feedback! Keep it coming!

5 hours ago, Hydraken said:

Any tips, tricks, suggestions for painting on plasti-dip? I did the first coat on the cap/back with a foam brush and it looks horrible. Should I use a regular paintbrush or something else?b6091125e9aacfc293e44c2287220ecd.jpg

4-5 light coats and it will be fine.

• Like 1

Wow you are moving along. But back to the lenses the gap that I have heard mentioned is it noticeable from the outside or really subtle? I'm all for air flow and being cool but is there any draw backs to this method?

Wow you are moving along. But back to the lenses the gap that I have heard mentioned is it noticeable from the outside or really subtle? I'm all for air flow and being cool but is there any draw backs to this method?

I only used the sugru putty for a little extra hold on the T-nuts and to give it possibly a cleaner look after doing a few coats of Plasti-dip. The T-nuts will be the only attachment points for my lenses. When I fit and cut my lenses there wasn’t a ton of gap. It won’t be noticeable.

brow looks good.  You want just enough clearance from the eyes so it doesn't look "hero".  Those gaps will vanish when you add the screws. Also, sometimes when you screw in the sides and therefore compress the back part of the helmet, the brow curves up a little.  Try clamping the sides together before drilling the holes.

• Like 1

brow looks good.  You want just enough clearance from the eyes so it doesn't look "hero".  Those gaps will vanish when you add the screws. Also, sometimes when you screw in the sides and therefore compress the back part of the helmet, the brow curves up a little.  Try clamping the sides together before drilling the holes.

I Didn’t even think about the potential of the brow to curve up! Thank you!!

22 hours ago, Hydraken said:

I only used the sugru putty for a little extra hold on the T-nuts and to give it possibly a cleaner look after doing a few coats of Plasti-dip. The T-nuts will be the only attachment points for my lenses. When I fit and cut my lenses there wasn’t a ton of gap. It won’t be noticeable.

That's what I was hoping for. I want to go this route because I really don't care for the look of the strip lens, I really like the tidy individual lenses with T- nuts . A little more work but in the end it's worth it. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hydraken said:

So... I need some help telling my lefts from rights on my shins and shoulder bells... HELP! LoL I took my best shot on the shins
3dcd7cf21f3e7a4495c45f3add6b26e4.jpg8a75bea177ef03608925d1a537f6e7e8.jpge8e0bb3b8799a42b278b5b4ff5d7e43a.jpg38717eab7ee78f4767aa2f9cdc5a74f7.jpg

Glad you are asking, the answer to the bells are in Sean's build where he got the answer from TG.

As to the shins, I have the same question. I am not even sure how you know which piece goes with which, much less which leg. Lets see if this gets Sean's attention @Seansull

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hydraken said:

Does this look right to y’all? Mid-brow? Lined up right? And the humongous gaps on the sides?a9828ab1f5f157a68bc4b38f7a40f9f6.jpgaace793cc81af6ad1d12a5bfa57e8c0f.jpg62741d1e3423720da9cd8f57458b8ec1.jpg7549e5c48a84e920c47d6c5e3cb55a39.jpg

Have you watched Erics build of this helmet?