Cross detachment info sharing -- Microphones

Popping in from MEPD here just to make sure we aren't missing anything that other detachments are doing!

Microphones.     We know of two predominant microphones used by our members.    The first is the wired microphone that comes with the Aker amp.   The other is a wireless microphone that is available on amazon.   link

The problem with both of these options seems to be that the mic is EXTREMELY directional and not very sensitive.   You have to practically have it sitting on you mouth.     Has anyone here come up with a better mic solution?

The extreme directionality is a bonus in my mind.  Helps to reduce feedback and sound leaking.

Tramp was recommending this style on AliExpress. Note the ones he linked to were sold out and I found this in search.  I've not personally tried it yet but I would like to as I have the other wireless type and it's driving me batty.

6 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

The extreme directionality is a bonus in my mind.  Helps to reduce feedback and sound leaking.

Tramp was recommending this style on AliExpress. Note the ones he linked to were sold out and I found this in search.  I've not personally tried it yet but I would like to as I have the other wireless type and it's driving me batty.

I agree.  Directional is probably a bonus.   I'd just like for them to be a bit more sensitive though.    I have to practically have them in my mouth and I'm not a quiet person.

The latest version of the XIAOKOA microphone is a lot nicer as it makes it more obvious which direction the actual mic input is facing. The older models just had round covers making it hard to tell whether it was facing your mouth or picking up all the noise around you.