ATA TK Stunt Build - Canberra Australia

G'day All

Well the BBB day has arrived, I bought my ATA Armor from a fellow sqaud member in Australia and had to order a matching helmet direct from ATA. Great part was i managed to skip the wait for the Armor.

Both have now arrived and i am slowly collecting all the other bits a pieces required for the Build, Glue, Magnets, Blades etc etc etc.

I have a DARMAN holster on its way and messaging him about neck seals as well, and UKSWRATH detonator clips, A Thigh Garter System from PENCAP510, plus a heap of stuff from Trooper Bay. Plus I got a great set of fans from an Aussie TK Sly.

Just waiting on a few more parts and the the FIRST CUT.

Plan to run a build thread on my local Southern Cross Garrison forum and also here.

Armor1.jpg

BBB1.jpg

Helmet.jpg

Edited by Cam Airburn
added text
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok - so the 1st cuts have been made !!!

I decided to start with the thermal detonator, seemed to be a good point to ease into things.

End caps trimmed, cover plate trimmed - way harder than I expected to get nice stright lines, I think the ends of the cover are still a little wonky.

All Glued up and waiting to dry before screwing Ukswrath's belt clips on.

IMG_6715_800x600.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Cam Airburn said:

but have i got the Left and the right biceps and forearms correct in the below picture ?

Yes:duim:

10 hours ago, Cam Airburn said:

do these look right - have i left enough return edge ?

Return edges - for Centurion there can’t be any on the wrist-ends, other than that it’s up to personal preference (look, comfort, mobility) having returns gives the armor the illusion of beeing thicker so try and keep some and if you plan on using the bracket-system then you need to keep a return on all the torso pieces.

Some screen ref of return edges.

DSC02602.jpg
DSC03153_zps30716220.jpg
DSC02285.jpg
DSC03162_zpsd48bd219.jpg
DSC02552.jpg

Edited by TheSwede

29 minutes ago, Cam Airburn said:

READY FOR GLUE - I THINK

b9mc3ZK.jpg%20

wI2vFWv.jpg%20

AEihGAN.jpg%20

wz8ZGVc.jpg%20

vPbNN0D.jpg

It looks like it fits you well. I would say you are ready for gluing if you feel it feels right to you. I would suggest trying on the bicep with your under suit on. Skin/Plastic vs Undersuit/Plastic feels different. 

I suggest trying it on again with your undersuit. 

Wouldn't hurt to hit those edges with a little fine sandpaper too ;) 

Try to keep your trim lines as straight as you can while progressing, especially when it comes to your thighs and shins, you want no gap at the bottom of the thighs as thy are not covered by a strip :duim:

Ok - so I found a long sleeve black shirt to replicate the under armor suit.

The right bicep is not to bad but the left one barley gets over my elbow :and is a oval not round - i will try the hot water bath to mold it a little once glued. :-(

Question is - if i push out the cover strips to 20mm to make some room can I still make centurion ?

ffcyWZa.jpg%20

pNDGArI.jpg%20

jC6bUfo.jpg

For the cover strip size, yes, you can make them bigger but the rest would need to increase in size accordingly as well. What I would suggest you try first is removing the return edge. A lot of people remove the return edge from the biceps. Give that a shot and then consider if you need a larger cover strip size.

I agreee with Luc. Trim a bit from the return edge. Although it's only few mm you will have much more space for your arms. If it's still not enough for your arms, then you can use 20 mm cover strips. It's a little bit easier to form your biceps armour when it's not glued. Check this video that I followed (start 5:00 how to form biceps): Armor Building with TK1636 - step 25 but be very careful with it. Those changes could be irreversible.