keep an eye out, please!

Lailaith

Hey guys, I know this is a long stretch but I figured I would post anyway. My garage was broken into this week and sadly my TFA stormtrooper helmet was one of the items stolen. Thankfully the rest of my suit was left behind. If anyone sees anything online about an unfinished one for purchase I'm trying to track mine down. So if anyone sees anything from the Sacramento CA area on Facebook Marketplace, Craigs List, or Ebay could you let me know? I know it was only $150 but it does have some sentimental value to it (my father was helping me with my build before I moved 3000 miles across country).

The helmet was incomplete (no paint and the lenses were not glued in yet). But it does have some identifiable features. It made by KB Props (no logo inside the helmet sadly). The grill has holes drilled in it for breathing. There is remnants of a crack on the back of the helmet (mostly sanded down). The photos I have are too big to upload to this site but I do have some photos of it on my instagram off_duty_stormtrooper

I know it's unlikely anything will pop up but if anyone sees anything that could be it, please reach out. Thank you.

I actually just laid out the entire costume since I had it in multiple places throughout my garage. Total casualties include helmet, abdominal/ kidney, competed bicep and forearm pieces, and the lens to my riot shield. It sucks that they are gone, but at the same time I’m glad they didn’t take my completed thermal detonator (that was a slave Leia to put together). The rest has been moved to a more secure location for the time being. I’m still checking Craig’s list and Facebook marketplace regularly but so far no luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 12:16 PM, Lailaith said:

I actually just laid out the entire costume since I had it in multiple places throughout my garage. Total casualties include helmet, abdominal/ kidney, competed bicep and forearm pieces, and the lens to my riot shield. It sucks that they are gone, but at the same time I’m glad they didn’t take my completed thermal detonator (that was a slave Leia to put together). The rest has been moved to a more secure location for the time being. I’m still checking Craig’s list and Facebook marketplace regularly but so far no luck. 

I am assuming you filed a police report.  Was your name or your TK# marked on the helmet?

I can imagine how that report went. As a Police Officer and a TK I think I’d still giggle a bit if someone reported their stormtrooper armor missing, imagine if he had no idea about the 501st I work with people like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, greenie22 said:

I am assuming you filed a police report.  Was your name or your TK# marked on the helmet?

I had not yet been approved so I don't have a TK#. I'll definitely do that going forward if I can afford to make another one. So far insurance is only giving me $300 for it. With everything we had that was stolen rebuilding my suit is not high on the priority list. I put my name down for ordering a new kit but it will probably be a year before I can get started again. Right now I'm looking to see If I can just buy someones old one just because I'm set back so far. I waited a year for my parts, 2 years of building on and off. If I go at the same pace I'll be at 6+ years since I started this. I'm waiting to hear back from someone who's selling theirs an hour away from me but its a the original style, not first order. I at the point where I want to start trooping and I'm willing to compromise. If I go pre-built my biggest issue is how tiny I am 5'5" with a slim build. I had done so much modification on my build trying to get it to fit right and it still looked silly. 

On 5/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, Frank75139 said:

I can imagine how that report went. As a Police Officer and a TK I think I’d still giggle a bit if someone reported their stormtrooper armor missing, imagine if he had no idea about the 501st I work with people like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police were nice about it. The biggest issue was the insurance company. They categorized it as clothing. They didn't want to count in all the labor I put into it and are only giving me $300 for it. I'm super pissed at that.