E6000 Banned in UK!

Just found out, that E6000 has been banned in the UK!  RWA bulk buys from the UK distributer and was told that it's now banned, but they are making something new which will conform to regulations.  I can't seem to find any details of the ban so not sure if it's a UK thing or EU thing.

Hopefully the new blend of herbs and spices will be as good as the old one but getting E6000 here is awkward enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin1138 said:

Maybe cos it causes cancer??

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Everything causes cancer, I used to live in California and there is a Prop 65 warning on nearly anything nowadays. In all seriousness I would like to know why they banned it, E6000 stinks something fierce so I'd always assumed it was bad for you, but with proper protection (don't huff or eat the stuff, wear gloves etc.) I don't see how it would be any worse than plenty of household cleaning chemicals.

• Like 1

Coincidentally our Garrisons head armourer posted an E6000 use warning that specifically calls out Tetrachloroethylene as the issue, it even has a .gov.uk page about it https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tetrachloroethylene-general-information-incident-management-and-toxicology

TM uses stelmax nowadays which is what was used to glue the original suits.

We live in a very strange world where McDonald's have to warn us in writing that their Hot Apple Pies are hot I'm not in the least surprised that we have now added E6000 to the long list of banned products here.
As has been said like anything else if used correctly, with gloves and proper ventilation I believe it is fine but that choice has now been removed here.

Now to find a good replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 5/11/2018 at 3:01 AM, 89Batman said:

TM uses stelmax nowadays which is what was used to glue the original suits.

We live in a very strange world where McDonald's have to warn us in writing that their Hot Apple Pies are hot I'm not in the least surprised that we have now added E6000 to the long list of banned products here.
As has been said like anything else if used correctly, with gloves and proper ventilation I believe it is fine but that choice has now been removed here.

Now to find a good replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Nanny state you ask me. 

Soon as i read this on Facebook i went and bought a couple of tubes on Amazon (hopefully not fake).

I hope a new formula has the ability to glue and remove and glue and remove and glue and remove, without any damage to the armor, and the ability to clean up any overgluing without leaving a trace.

After fighting with and gluing one of my forearms multiple times, it sure is nice to use a very forgiving glue that cleans up nice.

If i had been using something less forgiving, I may have had to go sandy to cover my mishaps.

Edited by Artshot

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Since it's now many months after the announcement, has anybody in the UK any experience of the new formula?, that's if it's available yet.

Yup, I am ready to get back to my build...….unfortunately the tube of E6000 I had has suffered from somebody not putting the top back on the tube properly......Phooey.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:06 PM, Harbinger said:

Everything causes cancer, I used to live in California and there is a Prop 65 warning on nearly anything nowadays. In all seriousness I would like to know why they banned it, E6000 stinks something fierce so I'd always assumed it was bad for you, but with proper protection (don't huff or eat the stuff, wear gloves etc.) I don't see how it would be any worse than plenty of household cleaning chemicals.

That's what I was just going to say!  Prop 65 makes a warning label be put on just about everything, leaving you wondering what the hell is even in it to warrant it.  Nothing, likely, just the over-protection aspect of covering all bases.  Gotta love my home State.  /Sarcasm

That said, the stuff smells like death so it's kind of like the brightly colored tree frog saying "don't eat me, I'm poisonous".  Use in ventilated areas and with masks and maybe eye protection, use your brain and common sense.  

I'm reminded of an old favorite Far Side comic of mine:

32990450938_fdefa500fd_o.png