Debating about starting a Phasma build

I'm sure y'all have a lot of good resources, tips and tricks so I am going to lean on y'all a tad if you are willing.

I would like to purchase kit pieces and parts for a Phasma with a deadline for Celebration 2019. 

Can anyone suggest the best course of action for a guy who doesn't sew, willing to paint and put pieces together...but needs the parts to do so.

Since this is a  new thing for me, I'm a bit lost on what's a good starting point and who to talk to.

Also, roughly, when looking at cost for parts, is there a neighborhood figure I can set my sights on? Realistic please.

I am trying to go into this with my eyes wide open to know what to expect.

Who is a good seller that you would recommend and why and for what parts?

What have you seen be successful or paint points in the process?

I'm eager to read your advice.

Thank you so much.

Also, links are encouraged  :)

Hardest part will be to get the armor kit itself. There is a small list of preferred vendors for that, but that list is subject to change as propmakers come and go.

As far as the chrome goes, there are a few ways you can do it. None of which will be both cheap and easy. If you choose to minimize costs, prepare for hours upon hours of sanding, buffing, painting (and repainting), and polishing. If you prefer to outsource that (and use your time for other endeavors), I've seen a couple of people do that use professional auto body-style paint businesses, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

Bottom line - as incredible as a well-done Phasma is, it isn't for the faint of heart. I've seen a completed Phasma (with all the required accessories) come up for sale on the Legion board from time to time - typical asking price is in the neighborhood of $7k. That should give you an idea of the level of commitment you are signing up for.

If you are on Facebook, I recommend you search for and join the Captain Phasma Costumers build group.

Well yes, but you have to get the armor first. Seems like with the way more and more FOTK armor vendors are becoming unreliable (Anovos, MIMIC, now KB Props), that seems more and more like the main challenge. We are now down to ... what, 850 Armor Works and Jimmi?

Better hold on to those Anovos alpha kits for a while yet. ;)

Edited by tkrestonva

What amazes me is that no one has done a Phasma in ABS.  Below is a pic of a bucket I just finished that I bought from AM.  The photo really doesn't do it justice, but the danged thing is incredibly shiny, looks exactly like chrome, and was not painted.

7CGOkpM.jpg?1

On 5/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, justjoseph63 said:

What amazes me is that no one has done a Phasma in ABS.  Below is a pic of a bucket I just finished that I bought from AM.  The photo really doesn't do it justice, but the danged thing is incredibly shiny, looks exactly like chrome, and was not painted.

7CGOkpM.jpg?1

That kind of reminds me of how Phasma looks at Disney World and now Disneyland. The suit has a similar finish.