MFJ

Hello from Augusta, GA

3 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Your were saying Greg?:P @wook1138

lol.  OK, I believe I provided the caveat that "unless you do a really good job of shaping the shins...".  ;)

Some of us are mere mortals when it comes to TK builds. :icon_bow:

So... bra hooks can look awesome too.

2 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

lol.  OK, I believe I provided the caveat that "unless you do a really good job of shaping the shins...".  ;)

Some of us are mere mortals when it comes to TK builds. :icon_bow:

So... bra hooks can look awesome too.

Haha I just coulden’t help myself:P but you are correct in that the screen accurate way can look awesome...although most of the credit goes to the maker @troopermaster the shins basicly puts themselves together  - it’s that good :duim:

• Like 1

Wow, that does look clean! That's the look I want to build. I was afraid the Velcro option, which would be quicker, would leave a small gap in the back. 

I know they'll be a bit more difficult to do which is why I was kind of in a conundrum on which way to go with the shins. I want my shins to look like that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MFJ said:
Wow, that does look clean! That's the look I want to build. I was afraid the Velcro option, which would be quicker, would leave a small gap in the back. 
I know they'll be a bit more difficult to do which is why I was kind of in a conundrum on which way to go with the shins. I want my shins to look like that!

Hi Craig.

Seems like you’re on he right path with your desire to make a great looking set of armour. You also have a lot of excellent minds offering tips and advice. :-)

Regarding the shins, I can’t compete with Daniel’s beautiful shins (check out his threads - he makes very attractive TKs), however the Velcro method can still offer good results with minimal gap. But, don’t forget that the internal strapping is NOT covered by the CRL, so, as long as it can’t be seen you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can think outside the box if needed.
On this note, I went for a hybrid of the bra hook method AND the Velcro method - this give some flex at the ankles, improving movement and the ability to climb stairs.

Here’s a pic - feel free to check page 7 of my thread for an explanation.

cd0238bce06055d625fe0f86918a23d4.jpg

Best wishes,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1

Regarding the shins I started with bra hooks which works fine but it was hard to quickly connect them when trooping. Then I used white velcro which also W

Works Perfect. Hard to See and quick to connect in troops.

Hello and welcome aboard