MFJ

Hello from Augusta, GA

I'm Craig from Augusta, a cadet in the GA 501st. I ordered my ANH kit from WTF and should have it in about 6 weeks . Those guys are awesome to talk with and to deal with. Of course now I am going to browse through the forum and look for builds so I'll no what soft parts I need to get so when my armor gets here I'll be able to start assembly. I chose the 501st for a few reasons, but the most important reason is raising money for charities. I myself have done around 100 charitable events benefitting multiple charities and there's nothing like giving back and helping others. A lot of the build pages have no pictures due to photobucket's change but I'll hopefully find what I'm looking for on here after browsing around.  

Hi Craig.  Welcome to the FISD.  There are some newer build threads (and some for WTF kits) with pics.  Most of the build threads can be found here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Some other links to check out include:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Congrats on your purchase!  BBB (Big Brown Box) day is a very exciting time.  All I can say at this point is do some research.  For all the other bits and pieces you will need, check out the Imperial Commissary / PX section for sales.

Good luck on your build!!  Raising money for charities is even better when you get to do it as a stormtrooper! :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Craig!

Glad to have you here with us!

Walt makes a great kit! You'll be Trooping before you know it!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hello and welcome aboard

Hi Craig and welcome to the FISD!  Congrats on your armor purchase!  When you receive your kit make sure you start a build thread.  That way our members can assist you with your build as needed.  Ask us any questions you may have.  Have fun and good luck!

I've been going through multiple builds and it looks like fun. Believe me when I get it, I'm sure the questions will be flowing. Lol

One thing that surprised me the most were the up close screenshots from ANH of the stormtroopers. I've watched Star Wars my whole life, when I saw it the first time it was just Episode 4, and I never noticed just how ill fitting some of the troopers suits actually were. So would it be bad if I tried to eliminate a lot of the misalignments and gaps in my build? Sorry, I'm kinda OCD on things like that. I build classic cars, motors and racecars for a living and everything is very precise on everything my shop builds.

Welcome aboard, Craig. :-)

You’re right about the troopers - they were beautifully wonky. It’s part of their charm. I’d be a little weary of trying to remove all of those character quirks. If you make it too perfect it could start to lose its ANH qualities. :-)

Hello and welcome to the FISD! You can absolutely make a very clean build, just be sure to follow the CRL. We have two additional levels of accuracy that I get the feeling may interest you. They are called Expert Infantry (Level 2) and Centurion (Level 3). It's easier to achieve these if you build them to that standard right away. Keep doing your research and start a build thread when that BBB comes!

• Like 1

Great to have you with us on the FISD mate, and welcome to the Detachment lines for all things White Armor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Craig!  As has been mentioned, we are here to help you every step of the way on on your build.  There is a lot of research you can do while waiting for your kit to arrive, and you should also spend some time getting your build supplies in order.  I have a thread here that may help:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

I can appreciate the OCD reference, lol..  (Kinda' that way myself).  As Luc mentioned, you should think about the higher levels right away.  Not as hard as you may think, and will definitely give you a more refined appearance.  Here is some general info. on those programs:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

Those were really good links with a lot of great information. I've been through a lot of member's build threads. I don't believe in doing anything without giving my full effort. I want to build a suit that I would be proud to wear and know that I did my best.  I'm making a list of the things I'll need so they'll be here before the armor arrives. So once I'm done, I can suit up and start chasing down the Rebel scum! And help people along the way.

• Like 1

Hello from another Georgia member! Enjoy the WTF kit!

Hi Craig. Welcome to this amazing World. Dont hesitate to ask if you have questions. See Some build videoes on Youtube and follow some build threads. There are Many different build threads and they all do different things. I ended up only following two different in the build proces because it confused me a Lot all the different ways of building the different parts. But until the build proces look at as Many as you can. 

Best regards, 

Martin, Denmark

Hey Craig!  Augusta is such a beautiful town. I have been there many times and really enjoyed the people there.  Welcome aboard! :salute:

Welcome aboard! Good Luck on the journey ahead. I was going to mention where to begin, but as you can see, we have a great bunch here! So to avoid sounding like a broken record, I will just give you a good luck salute! Glad to have you! :salute:

• Like 1

Hi Craig and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!:dancing-trooper:

Welcome aboard. There are tons of threads, read as many as you can. The forum has tons of knowledge use it all to your advantage. BBB can’t come fast enough, looking forward to the build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching videos, reading posts, getting materials here for the build and I'm definitely going to go for Centurion right away. There is a ton of information on this site it can be overwhelming sometimes but I'd rather have too much information in my head than not enough. I've already started going through the build in my head and have plans written down in a notebook. I have an empty bucket here that I got last year and from that I'm going to figure out the best way to install my electronics, wiring, fans and battery pack in it before mine gets here for me to build. 

I do have two questions. 

Shin armor rear attachment. Velcro or bra snaps? I believe bra snaps were originally used but I'm not an expert.

Black under suit. I'm assuming I'm going to need something cool as I'm sure it gets hot. Any suggestions and how tight of a fit should it be?

Sounds like you are off to a good start.  :duim:

For your questions:

1) shin closure attachments:  You are right.  Bra hooks.  But this is not required for upper level approval.  Velcro is very commonly used - and some even use magnets (which looks very slick).  I liked the way the Velcro worked - hit held the back of the shins together very nicely.  The bra hooks can sometimes leave gaps in the closure, IMO (unless you do a really good job of shaping the shins to close nice and even).

2) You are going to want compression pants and shirt.  Tighter the better (within reason of course).  Any loose material can get caught on the armour or stick out and look sloppy.

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD!

You are already off to a great start by keeping notes before your build. My biggest piece of advice, if you're not sure about something, ask and wait for an answer. It's much easier to do it right the first time than try to fix it later! (personal experience! :D)

WTF kits look awesome and I'm sure you'll do an amazing job!