Any one having issues with Imperial Boots?

Like the title says, anyone had problems with IB?

I’ve dealt with Imperial Boots once before- system seems very good, ordered a couple of items, and no problems.

This time, however, everything seems to have gone wrong!

Ordered on 9th March, and after waiting without any updates (my order status says still in production stage), contacted them a couple of times. First got a belated email saying we’ve upgraded to express shipping and we’ll send you a tracking #. Never got the update, contacted them again, no # update and excuse saying shipping updates are running slow.

Waited another couple of weeks and decided to open PayPal dispute, thinking this would move things along. Nope, several days later, no contact via PayPal either.

So anyone know what’s going on?

Sorry to hear Ferg,

My transaction went smoothly.  I ordered the boots on day 1 of their online store opening in March and then received them about a month later.  I had the email notifications for receipt of order, processing, and shipping as well.

If you've gone through PayPal and have followed all of their rules wrt a transaction dispute, it should work itself out in the end......it just sucks that you don't get your product and all the time you burn.

48 minutes ago, GilFran007 said:

Sorry to hear Ferg,

My transaction went smoothly.  I ordered the boots on day 1 of their online store opening in March and then received them about a month later.  I had the email notifications for receipt of order, processing, and shipping as well.

If you've gone through PayPal and have followed all of their rules wrt a transaction dispute, it should work itself out in the end......it just sucks that you don't get your product and all the time you burn.

Yeah, dealt with them once before and the whole process went really smoothly.

This time, ordered a pair of Hoth boots, which looked really great, so would be a downer if I don’t get them (not concerned about the PayPal situation- guaranteed to get the money back, but it’s the boots I wanted).

Their radio silence doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

I would give it another week or two before proceeding with a PP dispute.  As mentioned on their site, they do things in "waves".  If you ordered at the beginning of one of these, it would be a week before the order was sent to the mfr.  Then they have to produce them, (again, in a wave) and then ship them.

I have had nothing but great experiences with IB, and am not aware of anyone who has not received their order.  Keep us informed!

Once a month. Ordering opens up the beginning of the month for about a week, the rest of the month is then for production and shipping. If you haven't gotten a shipping notification by the time the June wave opens then is the time to worry.

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Once a month. Ordering opens up the beginning of the month for about a week, the rest of the month is then for production and shipping. If you haven't gotten a shipping notification by the time the June wave opens then is the time to worry.

Okay.  I have the confirmation email about the order placed on the 8th.  I hope I made it in time.  *Fingers crossed*

Yorkie, I placed my order on the first day of the April rush and never heard back from them to let me know about shipping. On May 7th, I logged into their web page (not facebook) and the status of my order was still "production" so I sent them a message from the web page asking for an ETA to ship. I never heard back form them but on May 8th I got an email from DHL letting me know that a package was expected to be delivered on Monday May 14th (signature required). I did get my package yesterday and everything was correct. So long story short, go to their web page and login then reference your order and send them a message. I would think that your stuff is done if you placed your order back in March. Good luck.

They showed up today. Boots and gloves. Boots are a little on the large size. I went up a half size - probably wasn't necessary, but others have felt they fit small. Anyways, they showed up and one of the zipper pulls came off already.  :rolleyes:

Update: Imperial Boots got back to me quickly and offered to pay to have the zipper replaced. This was a good option because between shipping, duties, wait times, etc. I would have just done that anyway. 

Edited by Big Deal

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my boots on April 5th. Before I ordered, I kept checking back over and over to see if the store was enabled, so I actually ordered before they even announced the store was open--meaning, I was one of the very first to order in that wave. I finally got my boots on May 23rd. A couple days was added as I wasn't home one day when they tried to deliver, but still...that is a very very long time to wait. And that was with DHL shipping that was only a few days.

Additionally, one of my boots is defective. I emailed them 3 days ago about it. Still waiting on a response.

This is my first experience with them. Very expensive with shipping and duty. Extremely slow shipping times. But, as far as I know they're the only game in town.

12 minutes ago, magni said:

Wow! I've ordered with them 3 times now and never had a problem. Order in wave and received in about 6 weeks time.

Yeah, please don't take this as me slagging them or anything. I'm sure they're amazing guys and 99% of the time things all work out great. Just giving my experience to the OP.

2 minutes ago, menschie said:

Yeah, please don't take this as me slagging them or anything. I'm sure they're amazing guys and 99% of the time things all work out great. Just giving my experience to the OP.

And you go right ahead. Sometimes things happen. It's a bummer in this hobby when a hiccup happens. One things for sure. You have to have a lot of patience being a Star Wars fan. We're always waiting for either a piece of something or a movie!:P

• Like 1

I heard back from IB. Super classy, and they're sending me a new pair of boots. To me, character trumps flawless, perfect, service. I'll definitely be ordering from IB again.