Need your opinion.  I have been hearing from members of my local squad about armor cases.  I am assuming that it is like a giant suitcase for the armor.  Do you guys have any particular models I should look at or should I just use the BBB the armor was shipped in?  I would prefer to have a case that has wheels.

This is what I use.  It doesn't fit the helmet, but everything else fits inside with some creative packing.  It fits in the trunk of any car.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-35-in-Mobile-Job-Box-222167/205053257

Here is everything packed inside

dcb5b9d703b2b484dc69d681262b8a7d.jpg

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

This is what I use.  It doesn't fit the helmet, but everything else fits inside with some creative packing.  It fits in the trunk of any car.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-35-in-Mobile-Job-Box-222167/205053257

Here is everything packed inside

dcb5b9d703b2b484dc69d681262b8a7d.jpg

What did you use for the lining?

Just now, greenie22 said:

What did you use for the lining?

That is just quilt batting - it comes in a roll from any fabric store.  I have some imperial-themed material that I will eventually use to make something more permanent and not so... ugly. 

8 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

That is just quilt batting - it comes in a roll from any fabric store.  I have some imperial-themed material that I will eventually use to make something more permanent and not so... ugly. 

I mean. it aint that bad.

This is what I use:  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-26-in-Connect-Mobile-Tool-Box-Black-228224/300862598  I can fit everything (including my bucket and props) inside, but you should make sure it will fit in your vehicle first.  

If you get a smaller one, you can (and should) get a helmet bag.  They are available at Trooperbay:  https://trooperbay.com/helmet-bag

• Like 1

I use the same one as justjoseph. I put the batting on the sides and place most of my armor in bags I made. It was tricky cause I leave my upper body minus the arms in tact but I got a system and it all fits. It’s a decent box and the wheels are nice. Fits in my minivan but if I ever had to take my wife’s Mini Cooper I’d be outta luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Case arrived at Home Depot yesterday.  I got the text saying to come pick it up....5 minutes before the store closed. Ha ha ha.  I went for the larger case.  It was only 10 bucks more.  I will have to practice on Tetras to pack my armor in there.  Ha 

10 minutes ago, greenie22 said:

Ummm..... I think I got too big of a case. 3ac94d029d4713fbdb0f237d2d81d81d.jpg

I have this case which I use for flights and at conventionions, I do find it a little large for general troops though and I use a suit case with a helmet bag for those.

I found some of the troops we attend have stairs and much easier to drag a suit case up then two people carrying the box ;)

On 5/3/2018 at 9:02 PM, Frank75139 said:

I use the same one as justjoseph. I put the batting on the sides and place most of my armor in bags I made. It was tricky cause I leave my upper body minus the arms in tact but I got a system and it all fits. It’s a decent box and the wheels are nice. Fits in my minivan but if I ever had to take my wife’s Mini Cooper I’d be outta luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HII Fellow mini driver. 

I have the same one from Home Depot and it fits in my mini cooper s. ^_^ Just gotta fold the back seats down. They're roomier than you think. 

Yeah. I drive a VW GTI.

HII Fellow mini driver. 

I have the same one from Home Depot and it fits in my mini cooper s.  Just gotta fold the back seats down. They're roomier than you think. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk