Painted and modified Rubies E-11 Blaster?

Silvire

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon this auction - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-E-11-Blaster-Stormtrooper-Cosplay-Prop/263458864277?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Do you guys know if this would pass basic inspection for the 501st, or at least require minor work to pass inspection? It measures 44cm in length.

That's literally a $13 Rubies plastic blaster that someone has spray painted black and wiped a little silver over.

It'll pass basic.  But I personally wouldn't pay £45 for that, and I am lousy at painting.

Actually, I should modify that: It'll pass basic in most places.  I'm not sure if it will pass in the UKG which has more stringent guidelines.  You may wish you post your query on the UKG forums to get a more authoritative response.

Edited by kman

5 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I don’t believe these are approvable in the UKG but I’d need to double check to be sure.

Nope, they’re smaller than a standard E-11 based on a Sterling. Too many bits and pieces wrong or missing altogether.

There are much more accurate E-11 kits or even fully assembled for not a huge amount more.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I'm brand new to this - Been doing a lot of reading on FISD, just applied to join the UKG forum only yesterday!

I'm probably going to go with a full armour set from TrooperMaster, in which he will include a doopydoo E11 too, seems Doopydoo is one of the most approved E11 blasters in the UK!

47 minutes ago, Silvire said:

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I'm brand new to this - Been doing a lot of reading on FISD, just applied to join the UKG forum only yesterday!

I'm probably going to go with a full armour set from TrooperMaster, in which he will include a doopydoo E11 too, seems Doopydoo is one of the most approved E11 blasters in the UK!

Welcome to the Garrison then!

TM is good stuff, you're in good hands there.  DD or Sheartech is probably the most common in the UK if I had to guess.  Imperial Warfighters is new but seems popular, I've not seen one in person though so can't really comment on quality.

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 9:31 AM, Silvire said:

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon this auction - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-E-11-Blaster-Stormtrooper-Cosplay-Prop/263458864277?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Do you guys know if this would pass basic inspection for the 501st, or at least require minor work to pass inspection? It measures 44cm in length.

blasters are not required for basic approval.  Youd be better off buying a hasbro version if you can find it and painting it.  or a resin version.

For £40 you can buy a doopydoos’ resin kit. Yes, there’s a bit DIY work you have to do assembling the kit but it will take you all the way to lv.3 (if assembled with care).

Check FISD forum “Weapons Locker - E11” section for details on building one (its not that hard really).

Cheers.

Edited by giskard8

If you want a non-toy version (for EIB/Centurion or just because), I highly recommend Hyperfirm.  They're drop-proof, and I'm klutzy.  Resin are nice but are much more fragile.  I had a resin kit originally but knew when I was just prepping it it was going to be too fragile for me to ever feel comfortable trooping with it.  It really comes down to personal preference.  

If you're going with a plastic/toy version- Hasbro is the way to go.  

Re-painting a blaster is actually pretty easy.  I like Rustoleum 2x because it sticks to plastic.  Black primer layer, then use a sponge (such as a makeup sponge like these: https://www.amazon.com/Cala-Professional-Quality-Non-Latex-Resistant/dp/B00B9RMLAK/) to dab on silver paint for weathering in the appropriate places.   If you screw up, spray it with black again and start over.  You'll have to touch it up every now and again, but little touch ups can be done with a Sharpie, major with paint via the sponge technique.