Sheperton E11

Hi Jim. 

Looking at the CRL, it is likely that it would be okay. However, you could do do better for that money, depending on how screen accurate you wanted to be. The SDS is missing the cocking handle, has an odd two-piece front end (near muzzle), two-piece folding stock, counter is further back than screen used etc.  Even in that picture from SDS themselves, the magazine is mounted the wrong way round :blink:

As you’re in the UK, you could either build a more accurate one, such as the Doopydoos, or check out the likes of Sheartech. 

Best wishes,

Dan

• Like 1

I don't see any reason why a correctly assembled SDS E-11 wouldn't be okay, I can't see if the D ring is there and there's a few bits that aren't quite right but nothing deal breaking as far as I am aware.  @ukswrath or @Sly11 will be able to state conclusively as they are the DO's who would pass it.

In the UK we have Sheartech and Imperial Warfighters who both make resin and rubber E-11s cast from sterlings.  These are both good options and popular with UKG troopers.  Doopy Doo is also a popular kit, cheap but requires assembly and paint which adds a little to the price.

As for scratch building, you can also do that.  Some parts are available online reasonably easily, but try not to use too many as if it's some cons may not allow it through weapons check. If you look in the blaster section there's a decent amount of diagrams that will help with sizing and design.

Just as a reminder, any new blaster will need to be cleared by the UKG Armourer team before trooping with it.  

• Like 1

One reason well quite a few really the main reason is the money you pay for this e11 and you get a really piss poor blaster 1 poorly made and things that should be there that are not there ie cocking handle,D ring rivet for a front sight folding stock in three parts with screws showing front of mussel different size to the plastic tube and wrong size Allen bolts to the front the only thing that’s only ever good on this blaster is the box that the thing came in like dan and Chris have said there’s better ones out there or build your self one there’s a lot of satisfaction in building it and under standing the way it’s built

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've ordered the doopydoos kit E11.
I'll have a look at all the parts and how they are assembled.
And use the experience of building the resin one to make a nice scratch build one from mild steel or ally.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Jim

The guys above have all made valid points, SDS has been passed before but you need to add the requirements like charging handle D ring etc.

IMHO there are better options for your hard earned dollars, and the UK is rich in available sources.

A little bit of research and asking questions as you have, goes a long way in our hobby :)

On 5/2/2018 at 3:19 PM, Donkeytrousers said:

I've ordered the doopydoos kit E11.
I'll have a look at all the parts and how they are assembled.

I'm sure you've already seen it, but this thread will be a great help in your DD build:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

Also, if you want to take it to the next levels of realism/accuracy, I highly suggest picking up one of Tino's E-11 finishing kits:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-tracked-shipping-and-paypal/  

• Like 2