White E-6000 vs Clear E-6000

Suspend

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with using white E-6000 for cover strips?  I've heard someone mention that the white E-6000 didn't hold as well as the regular (clear) and I was wondering if others have found this as well?  It seems white E-6000 might blend in better if you happen to have very tiny gaps on the occasional cover strip.

Thanks,

Mark

I would (pardon the pun) stick with the clear type, Mark.  If it does happen to "bleed" out from under a cover strip after drying for instance, there is an easy way to remedy that.

Simply take a razor knife, and carefully cut along the edge of the cover strip, and then use your thumb to remove the excess dried glue.

NOTE:  In order to keep from slicing your thumb, be sure to sand the edges of the cover strip before attaching it with a fine grit sandpaper.  I also suggest sanding the underside of the cover strip (and then cleaning it) before applying glue.  This will help with adhesion.

I use both.  Honestly, I have discovered no difference between the two and white actually matches up with my armor fairly well. I will admit, it was not a conscience choice to start using white as I generally use clear, but in this case accidentally got white and ran with it.  Strength-wise, they are both holding quite well after a couple of years.

I would stick with the clear.  It has a longer track record.  And armor yellows over time, sometimes subtly, sometimes not.  So even if the white matches reasonably well now, it may not stay as matched.  No such issue with the clear.  And frankly, clear is just more versatile, since you can use it on so many other projects (ones that aren't necessarily white).

• 1 month later...

E-6000 comes in at least two viscosities. The second time around I got some "self-leveling" glue and it just didn't hold as well. On a hardware-store run I wanted to replace it, and all they had was the white kind, so that's what I got for the third tube.