LTM's AM TK ANH build

LTM

10 minutes ago, LTM said:

Bicep hook.

Is the correct size 15mm by 150mm?

I just took a scrap piece I had laying around, and used that. its not even something that is checked on, most do it for their own pleasure.

• Like 1

OK, trial fitting. No cover strips and arms are not glued (in case I need to resize).  I think I will need to hot water bath the biceps. If the interior strips are attached via superglue, does that give problems with hot water bath (loosen or become brittle?). Forearms are not attached, so had to hold my arms at an angle.

qkXVk8T.jpg

m0yBdcZ.jpg

jpa3loM.jpg

fJdYFaj.jpg

With helmet (not finished as well - got to find more time in the day)

6wwFMkz.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

I need help, how do you add shims to the torso ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your armor AM?

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, LTM said:

OK, trial fitting. No cover strips and arms are not glued (in case I need to resize).  I think I will need to hot water bath the biceps. If the interior strips are attached via superglue, does that give problems with hot water bath (loosen or become brittle?). Forearms are not attached, so had to hold my arms at an angle.

qkXVk8T.jpg

m0yBdcZ.jpg

jpa3loM.jpg

fJdYFaj.jpg

With helmet (not finished as well - got to find more time in the day)

6wwFMkz.jpg

Everything looks pretty good. I would suggest getting those shins on first, before you make anything permanent. doesn't look like you will have issues but just to be sure. Also with the hot water bath, you may have some issue with the glue, but if it comes apart just redo it. getting the fitment is more important than trying not to redo something

one other thing, you wont be able to wear that compression top, because you can see the underarmor log in the back... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK 71627 said:

It’s a WTF from Walt

For Walt's stuff, you should join and post in his facebook group (just look up walt's trooper factory), they can answer (and you can search) for answers.

13 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

I need help, how do you add shims to the torso ???

Have you started a build thread? this would also be a great way to get answers to your questions, be able to post pics and let us know whats going on

Cutting cover strips, does the strip go even with the top and bottom (where the return starts)?

In this picture, does the strip need to go up (also a general question for all the other cover strips)

fBATI1w.jpg

Bottom of bicep

i5SxHEm.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LTM said:

Cutting cover strips, does the strip go even with the top and bottom (where the return starts)?

In this picture, does the strip need to go up (also a general question for all the other cover strips)

fBATI1w.jpg

Bottom of bicep

i5SxHEm.jpg

I put mind about even with the top and bottom. any edges. the tricky ones are on the legs, there are some that should not go all the way, depending on which part. Also need to check on the corners, I cant remember if they are to be cut rounded or at an angle like you have yours.

1 minute ago, Commander Gree said:

corners, I cant remember if they are to be cut rounded or at an angle like you have yours

They do not have to be angled or rounded.  Just depends on the look you are going for.  The film they are all 45 degree cuts :)

• Like 2

Cover strips with E6000

yOyXh1U.jpg

Made snaps for the posterior, used plastic and spaced it so that the metal does not touch the outside plastic

bMgF2n5.jpg

Doubled up the connections

8IUt5cS.jpg

• Like 4

Guys, for the connection between biceps and forearms do you glue directly to the armor or will this stretch over time and need to be replaced? Thinking ahead if I should make this a snap connection in case it needs to be replaced. Also, is elastic better in this joint over webbing? I know its opinions, let me know what has worked for you.

2 minutes ago, LTM said:

Guys, for the connection between biceps and forearms do you glue directly to the armor or will this stretch over time and need to be replaced? Thinking ahead if I should make this a snap connection in case it needs to be replaced. Also, is elastic better in this joint over webbing? I know its opinions, let me know what has worked for you.

I glued my elastic there.  Some Troopers use snaps to make storage easier but I do not have that issue.

For elastic vs webbing think of it this way.

Webbing for when you want to control movement elastic if you want it to have some give.

For me I feel elastic is better as it makes it a tad easier to slide the bicep and arm like a sleeve and the forearm will stretch a bit rather than being rugged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTM said:

I've done both.  Using snaps does give you an easy option for replacing worn out elastic (when/if the day comes).  Getting the spacing right with gluing was actually easier - but that is because I suck at snaps.  I would avoid webbing here - some flexibility is good.  I put my straps along the coverstrip seam - so they need to flex a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTM said:

1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

I've done both.  Using snaps does give you an easy option for replacing worn out elastic (when/if the day comes).  Getting the spacing right with gluing was actually easier - but that is because I suck at snaps.  I would avoid webbing here - some flexibility is good.  I put my straps along the coverstrip seam - so they need to flex a bit.

Im with Wook on this one. elastic will be better for mobility, I just glued mine in. that part of the arm you are going to want to be flexible for when you are reaching out and such. it may all just depend on how tight the armor already is as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Im with Wook on this one. elastic will be better for mobility, I just glued mine in. that part of the arm you are going to want to be flexible for when you are reaching out and such. it may all just depend on how tight the armor already is as well.

Glue with E6000 or just use superglue?

1 minute ago, LTM said:

Glue with E6000 or just use superglue?

I didn't use E6000 at all in my build. I used Amazing Goop, but its basically the same thing. so yes E6000 would be what to use. This way you can easily remove the strap later if needed.

• Like 1

Heat gun used on the ammo belt to get it to conform to the thigh band a little better. Temporary screws in place in case anyone sees anything wrong, if good to go I will use the rivets.

So the pictures are all over the place on centering the ammo pack on the ridge or off to the side. Based on gallery pictures the ends of the ammo belt go to the rear of the thigh, so using the back as the starting point I wrapped around and just had enough material. Cut off 16mm on each side.

On this shot I took out the big bends and got it a little more round.

AcdRruH.jpg

Nice view when looking down

EejYdaN.jpg

I did the 6mm from the end and 10mm for the ammo belt, it all lines up now and conforms to the sides

JfsMYMs.jpg

Side view with the swoop cut out (used a vegetable can as a template)

SgDji0l.jpg

• Like 2