LTM's AM TK ANH build

LTM

Here we go again.

After dry fitting the WTF kit to my frame (6'1" 195 pounds) I was not happy with the fit (too much under-suit showing). So, after following Sean and his build of both (WTF and AM) I decided that the AM would be a better fit. Lots of tips and tricks were learned, so I have a little more confidence in this build. My WTF armor will go to my wife after I finish this kit. The family that troops together, something something something...

Just got the tracking number, so now the BBB day is fast approaching.

• Like 2

Blaster has been finished, used a lot of different parts to create an accurate but "durable" or "fixable" trooping blaster.

Master Blaster 3D print

3hz419i.jpg

Real Sterling folding stock (gives it some heft without being too heavy)

M36Xdrl.jpg

Tramp scope and electronics (now with more pew-pew)

TeXCenV.jpg

Functional slide with battery hidden in the slide

dxmAsXw.jpg

Master blaster speaker and location

QIIplWy.jpg

• Like 1

Paldron by Veeds, leather or pleather mp38/40 magazine holders (thanks for the link Joseph)

cUMyIkK.jpg

Magnets for the "cricket shins" 'TM - slow boat from china finally got here

RSIbF6r.jpg

Edited by LTM
Missing text
  • Like 2

Parts that I will use are laid out. Very nice casting! Can anyone tell me what the two bottom left picture parts are (maybe sandtrooper?)

C5kUiqw.jpg

• Like 1

Sizing the bicep, should I fit with the oval shape or try at this stage before cutting to make it a little rounder (or does it really matter)?

k02Sl6a.jpg

On 5/5/2018 at 11:05 AM, LTM said:

Sizing the bicep, should I fit with the oval shape or try at this stage before cutting to make it a little rounder (or does it really matter)?

k02Sl6a.jpg

It never hurts to start with a small amount of trimming to fit than go more if necessary

• Like 1

Biceps have been fitted and trimmed, will do final cuts when I put on the cover strips

xZSxrrQ.jpg

Edited by LTM
  • Like 2

Oh wow. I am envious of your E-11 with those electronics. I want one now lol. Well done. Looks like your build is coming together nicely. keep it up. 

• Like 1

Sizing the torso, I have marked at the 2 inch point of removing from the kidney (nothing cut yet). Should I remove any more of the return to the front (I assume most of the top part is hidden by the chest piece)?

How much room should be left in front and back? I currently at this mark can put fingers in the front and back at the same time, or if I push the piece to my chest I can fit my hand down the back.

yOpCgpo.jpg

CFL2NKF.jpg

• Like 1

I think your sizing is great. The general rule is if you can fit 3 fingers comfortably between the armor and you, then it is a good size. From what I can see with the photos you provided, you are in good shape with the Ab/kidney. 

• Like 2

Cutting the straps, I know to do the 3mm from the sides but do I cut up to the first bump in the front? In the 1.0 tutorial it said 20cm, but the size has changed to 15mm of the first bump.

@ukswrath - any advice?

8JJbESy.jpg

Edited by LTM
Added text

• LTM changed the title to LTM's AM TK ANH build

removing return edge for centurion.

C37Nf2T.jpg

Inner boxes inserted into outer boxes. Will need to sand even to 15mm

EBndDtm.jpg

Using this tool is quick and easy

mErk0yr.jpg

Done

6bpFEMe.jpg

• Like 1

Could use some help on the taper cuts. I do have thin wrists, but the opening is large enough to slip my hand through.

Do I keep the cuts (and the cover strips) at a 90 degree angle to the outside ridge?

Below I am using a ruler to show where I think I should cut (equal distance of the opening at a 90 degree). Or should I cut off equal amounts on both sides?

Wrist end

N9jqOb5.jpg

Elbow end

hEDueqx.jpg