DLT-19 questions

Rat

So I'm planning on doing a DLT-19 using happy troopers plans but I know there needs to be some modifying done, but these are not the questions I have right now. The big ones I have are...

First: since this is going to be a scratch build I want to try my hand at doing the T-track. What are the measurements on those? I thought about using some of the scrap abs from my armor build, but I know they should be rubber as they were made from wiper blades. Second part of this is if I want to do them using the wiper blades what is a good source for them?

Second: So doing this I want to make it so I can break it down in half with a removable barrel any tips or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Last: Is it necessary to have the butt painted black or can it be natural wood?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rat 

there doesn't seem to be a sure answer on the T tracks with the research I did , some say they where wiper blades and some say glass runners from a kitchen cupboard , but size  seems to be a standard of 11mm wide x 7mm height .

As for splitting down the weapon there are lots of ideas out there some use a thread .ie nut and bolt ,when I did it I found a standard 1"1/4 solvent waste pipe fits perfect inside a Brett Martin 1"1/2 push fit pipe which made my connection , but it took a lot of trial and error to get it right , if your interested take a look at my build , look up Castable Dlt 

As for stock colour it seems what ever is fine ,but you see mainly TD's with wood and TK's with black or bakerlite .

• Like 1

Hi Rat 
there doesn't seem to be a sure answer on the T tracks with the research I did , some say they where wiper blades and some say glass runners from a kitchen cupboard , but size  seems to be a standard of 11mm wide x 7mm height .
As for splitting down the weapon there are lots of ideas out there some use a thread .ie nut and bolt ,when I did it I found a standard 1"1/4 solvent waste pipe fits perfect inside a Brett Martin 1"1/2 push fit pipe which made my connection , but it took a lot of trial and error to get it right , if your interested take a look at my build , look up Castable Dlt 
As for stock colour it seems what ever is fine ,but you see mainly TD's with wood and TK's with black or bakerlite .

I always figured the track was wipers since they were trimmed to fit and tucked into the holes. So 11x7 huh? What is the length, about 30-40cm? Roughly the same as the E-11? I was thinking of going Sandy but would like to do so sans pack, but from what I've seen that isn't really an option I'll have to check in over on the MEPD again.

I do like the look of the natural wood look but may do a black butt. I've also considered doing two different ones, one painted and one natural.

T track lengths will need to fit from the front bi-pod mount up to the antiaircraft site ,and from there to the raised shoulder in the barrel so they will be determined by your build , the one's on my measure 127mm at the front 183mm at the rear . 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So in reading through a few threads I've noticed that everyone drills the outer barrel holes at a 1/2" or 15 or so mm, still haven't worked out the conversion. However this doesn't seem right to me seems they should be slightly smaller. Would 1/4" or ?mm be too small?