Spazmo's ANH stunt build (TM)

Spazmo

It's time to get my own build thread started!

Kicked off the weekend in the best way ever today - picked up my BBB at the post office after getting off work.

Cheated a little bit and got the helmed built by Troopermaster - It's my first time doing this, so I figured getting the armor together and fitted to my body would be more than enough challenge this time. Also, his helmets are just gorgeous. 

Edit: For those that end up reading this, perhaps I should add in some details about myself.

Female

Height: 5'5/167cm

Weight: 132/60kg

7PURmdn.jpg?1

TK boots from Imperial Boots arrived on Tuesday, so I've already spent the majority of this week on cloud nine.

AQl9HoI.jpg?1

Don't really have much to add right now. Just spending some time unpacking everything and taking it all in, and starting some minor trimming just to have done something and get a good feel of the abs before I dig into anything major.

evv3xYo.jpg?1

Let's do this!

Edited by Spazmo
  • Like 1

Good luck! I just got approved with my TM kit (had him build my bucket too). There are several TM build threads here, including mine if you're interested. When in doubt, just ask on your thread or PM somebody. I've had nothing but good responses from people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Slowly starting to get cracking on this. I've done a round of rough trimming on everything, and started sizing down the forearms and biceps (feels like I've shaved off at least 4 meters of the left bicep already, haha.)

kNRKr5r.jpg?1

It fits snuggly inside the one that hasn't been trimmed down yet. 

looks like it'll need some re-shaping after all this though. Not sure if I should do that before or after gluing it though.

Quick question for anyone that might be reading this:

On the front of the forearms, how much can I get rid of here? How much should be left on the sides of the cover strip?

9VmB81w.jpg?1

I've tried looking through some build threads, but I'm all over the place right now and can't seem to focus

49 minutes ago, Spazmo said:

How much should be left on the sides of the cover strip?

As little as possible of the raised/flat edges, try not to rush though and look at other builds here and I can recommend TM:s Hero build on FB and of course asking questions:duim:

• Like 1

The best thing to do when marking out where to cut for the joining strips is to cut your joining strips first and place them onto armour close to the flat edge, then mark the middle of the strip. I do not advise measuring out 8mm from the top and bottom end for your 15mm wide strips because the edges are not straight. This is how they are on the original ANH armour and TM armour too.

wFlyMyO.jpg

SQVySHu.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spazmo said:

kNRKr5r.jpg?1

That's trimmed a lot! Maybe too much. You are going to have trouble getting the two parts joined properly. If you reshape. make sure you trim more off the return edges. Having the return edges the size you have them now will make reshaping harder. The ABS is very flexible but it will only give so much, so trim those edges down to at least half the thickness they are now and it will help :)