My first build! ANH

Hey all! 
Im about to take what i have heard is an incredible journey into the path of building and fixing my first costume build. I purchased a "Classic Storm trooper Armor" set from anovos.com about a year and a half ago. Big brown box day has come and gone. and i'm still in the middle of trying to find accessories to complete everything I need. I would love any help I can get. ive been reading my way through whitearmor.net and the forums here. but still would love for a lot of help through this awesome time! I have attached the first 2 pictures to start off my build thread. In one pic is my Brown box delivery, and the other is my wearing a anovos helm I ordered from disney a few years earlier which was built by them. 
Also Ill be updating on my weight loss goals so I can even fit into this armor lol. need to drop around 30 lbs id say. 
I also dont know if im going to linking the pics right so there might be a few edits lol 

25152219_10214754271999966_7913798010891

15697599_10211503639696190_2582074359308

Just got these great boots in yesterday.

30703970_10215876318930438_2450888792148

• Like 3

Congrats on your BBB day.  Ask tons of questions and post lots of pics!  Don't think that just because there are a lot of threads that there are pictures of what you are seeing.  We all have had different experiences in our builds and are more than welcome to share our knowledge. 

Anything in particular you have questions on what to source? 

This is great everyone! thanks so much. Ive been reading like mad through this site and watching some youtube videos. I guess my question is is there a spot that shows the difference between ROTJ, ANH, and ESB? I was told that ANH will be best for the anovos gear i bought. Im going to start with the fore arms tomorrow ! EEEK! Also a link to the spot that says the difference between basic, centurian, and the other one?

There's quite a bit of info on here about the difference between the TK suits. I won't go into ROTJ, as it is very different and your Anovos suit won't work for it. But the main differences between ANH and ESB are in the helmet and the hand guards. See this handy dandy diagram (not made by me) for the differences :) 

eLoxkqm.jpg

See here for the difference between the approval levels (basic, expert infantryman, and centurion) I definitely recommend you build toward centurion, as it is much easier the first time 'round, and will have you looking your best on troops! The different requirements are indicated by different font colors. Be sure to follow the CRL (costume reference library) to the letter as you build, as it is what you will be judged by for approval in the Legion. A great resource is the centurion approval thread here. You'll find a lot of great reference pictures of other people that have built your exact kit up to centurion standards. 

• Like 1

To further what Ben said, if you are not set on any particular movie version, A New Hope "Stunt" build is probably the way to go.  Your helmet is fashioned after the "stunt" TK - so, that is pretty much done for you.  The ANH Stunt is probably the most common build and does have great reference material to help you out.  If you haven't done so already, check out the other builds here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

There is an awesome Anovos stunt build by ukswrath here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-uswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

Good luck with the build!

Yes according to the Membership DB, there are 4072 ANH Stunt TKs. 291, 208, and 51 for ANH Hero, ESB, and ROTJ, respectively. So, the overwhelming majority of TKs are ANH Stunt!

6 hours ago, lucnak said:

overwhelming majority of TKs are ANH Stunt

That's because we are iconic:smiley-sw013:

Fun fact because I have the stormtrooper book, most of what you see in ESB are ANH TKs.  They were running behind on the mark 2 TKs and only had a handful completed.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, Jartog said:

a link to the spot that says the difference between basic, centurian, and the other one?

One step closer, Jared!

As for your question about the differences between basic, (EI) and Centurion, they can be found in the CRL (Costume Reference Library) on the 501st site:  http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt   The basic requirements are in black, the ones for EI (Expert Infantry) are in blue, and the ones for Centurion are in red.

Great to hear that you are headed for levels 2 and 3, and here is link that may help answer some of your questions:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

• Like 1