TFA Phasma or TLJ Phasma... that is the question

I'm still awaiting my BBB Day (KB Props), but I already have my Thorsson helmet, and started chipping away at it.  (I'm also in the middle of like, four other builds that I'm determined to finish before I really start Phasma, so I can devote all my time and energy to her).  

I decided to do Phasma before TLJ came out, but now I have options- and I'm not sure which way I want to go.  

Anyone have any thoughts?  How different is the TFA to TLJ, really?  I've noticed the following: difference in shine, belt boxes, finger armor, and addition of baton.  Anything I missed?  

I'm making that baton regardless, because it's freaking awesome.  I like the shinnier, but if I have to fabricate new belt boxes or finger armor... I'm good, but I'm not that good.  

There a few other differences, have a close look at the shins and boots.

TFA CRL is done, TLJ is still a work in progress, no doubt some extra's may be added since the recent release of the BluRay.

Research is the key to any new costume especially one without a 100% CRL ;) 

Good luck with ever you decide.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:23 AM, sharkbait said:

I'm making that baton regardless, because it's freaking awesome.

And a super cool nod to Phasma's history as a Scyre warrior (assuming that was intentional?)

As noted, there are differences in some belt boxes it looks like, the gloves, and the greaves/spats. I got a PDF from Jim before ordering that had a side by side of some of the TFA/TLJ pieces. I'm hoping I can get time this weekend to go frame-by-frame through the bluray and try and pick out each detail. Comparing that to the TFA CRL should show differences.

Best wishes with whatever you've decided. If you do go TLJ, may the Chrome be with you.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

There a few other differences, have a close look at the shins and boots.

TFA CRL is done, TLJ is still a work in progress, no doubt some extra's may be added since the recent release of the BluRay.

Research is the key to any new costume especially one without a 100% CRL ;) 

Good luck with ever you decide.

If the CRL still isn't finished by the time I've got my kit, my decision is made: I'm not into being the first; I want that CRL to be utterly complete and tell me EXACTLY what I need to do, lol.  I'm not confident enough for guess work.  But we'll see- I think it's going to be neck and neck, honestly.  

17 hours ago, Mau Abata said:

And a super cool nod to Phasma's history as a Scyre warrior (assuming that was intentional?)

As noted, there are differences in some belt boxes it looks like, the gloves, and the greaves/spats. I got a PDF from Jim before ordering that had a side by side of some of the TFA/TLJ pieces. I'm hoping I can get time this weekend to go frame-by-frame through the bluray and try and pick out each detail. Comparing that to the TFA CRL should show differences.

Best wishes with whatever you've decided. If you do go TLJ, may the Chrome be with you.

I will await your comparisons!  I'm leaning towards TFA, starting shinny, letting it weather naturally, then stopping it when I feel it's right, get the best of both worlds...