TK-10272 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [Anovos] WITHDRAWN

JHowe102

Looking good Trooper:duim: What I noticed was the gap between forearms and handguards on the second pic but on all the others the gap was spot on so maybe they just needed to "drop in place" and whilst on the forearms then there`s some minor cleaning up to do on the wrist ends, can`t be any return left. Best of luck:salute:

(RS suit for reference)

med_gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

Edited by TheSwede

14 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Looking good Trooper:duim: What I noticed was the gap between forearms and handguards on the second pic but on all the others the gap was spot on so maybe they just needed to "drop in place" and whilst on the forearms then there`s some minor cleaning up to do on the wrist ends, can`t be any return left. Best of luck:salute:

(RS suit for reference)

Return edge has been trimmed more and the pic updated! And yea, I might not have had the gloves pulled all the way on in the first one, but the forearms sit right normally. Thanks for the tips!

After looking over your application we have areas we would like fixed before proceeding with your application. As you know Centurion is the elite when it comes to overall appearance and accuracy. There are areas at this level we work very hard at not compromising on.

We mentioned during your EIB app the shoulder cover on the right side is sticking up, we would like you to secure this. You may need to give the area a hot water bath to reshape the plastic.

cover%20b.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_11_941408-crop2.jpg

No, or minimal back and posterior plates to kidney plate overlap is allowed at Centurion. We're suggesting ditching the Anovos supplied velcro and elastic connecting straps and install nylon webbing and snaps in the following areas however, at minimum install more connecting straps to prevent the areas from overlapping.

overlap%202.jpg

Reference photo

f609da44-0cd0-46aa-bfe2-66bb64f9f0a1.jpg

And finally though not as critical the waist belt we feel is sitting too low and would like it brought up. There are simple solutions like adding velvro at the center of the belt that can help. 

belt.jpg

Reference photos

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

When you're finished please post new photos. Thank you :duim:

So close!  Fairly straightforward fixes there, Jessie.  If you have any questions on how to get them where they need to be, just let us know.  As Tony suggested, switching to the snap system would be a great idea.  I have a thread here that can help:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44617-snap-setting-101/

• Like 1

Jesse, your kit looks great!:duim:

...Especially after trooping in it for 2 years! (I was in about 1.5 yrs of trooping before trying for Centurion myself, so I know the maintainence also required along the way in addition to the upgrades :P)

If I may add one note to Tony's comment about your shoulder bridges, I noticed that they look to me mounted very far forward (about 7 ridges; I believe 3-5 is recommended). R&R-ing them with the recommended hot water "bath'n' bend" should be an easy fix!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Glad to see you circling back, Jessie!  We will be with ya' shortly, but a few things have changed in the CRLs in the last few years.  We will go over everything in detail, and nothing you can't handle pretty easily!

Hi again, Jessie!  After discussion among the D.O. staff, and because of the lapse (3 years) we need a favor to move you along and get that Centurion badge under your name.  Please set aside an hour or so and take all new photos (you can post them on this thread).  An updated list of the ones we will need can be found here.  The sizes of the ones you posted in 2018 are PERFECT :jc_doublethumbup:.

Many thanks, and we look forward to seeing the new pics so we can get started.

Hi again, Jessie, and thanks for the updated pics!!  Everything looks great, but we need one last fix before we can get that badge under your name.

Although not specifically listed in the CRL (yet), the gaps on the rear of your thigh bottoms will need to be filled.  They are pretty small, so we suggest just gluing some scrap ABS tabs behind them so that they aren't quite as obvious.  Nice job on those mobility cuts btw! :duim:

Reference images

PvZ8auO.jpg?1  3FK1lit.jpg?1 yLhOVOc.jpg

• Like 2

*Comment removed pending discussion.

Anovos thighs are known to not line up perfectly at the ridge edges as molded, so this would be a challenge with ABS paste or backing.  Would it be acceptable to remove more material up to the bottom of the coverstrip to minimize the visible gap?

Edited by TheRascalKing

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to TK-10272 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [Anovos] WITHDRAWN