E11 airsoft magazine chop tutorial?

halliwax

Hey gang! My first post here, a friend of mine on the rpf told me to come over here for help.

A friend of mine just got a airsoft he wants to convert over to an ANH e11. We got this setup here

fba92b68ea12da14426bf36c74d6caaa.jpg

I got some metal flat stock (aluminum) to make a scope mount, and counter mount

But my real concern is chopping the magazine down

I have found videos on how to take apart a real magazine, but this air soft, the end plate doesn’t seem to budget at all?

I was wondering if there is any tutorials out there on how to correctly cut down the magazine?

As always I appreciate your time and hope I posted this in the correct section

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the photo from CE2016 it looks like it's just sawn off and a bit of plastic glued on.  Hard to tell exactly though with out seeing the appropriate bit on your airsoft mag.

Here's a photo of the E-11 I took at CE that shows it reasonably well.

28089814890_6c0d3ff227_c.jpg

Rogue One Stormtrooper Reference CE 2016 by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Welcome aboard Mr.Halliwax.  You are in the right place. These guys were a great help with my build. Don't be shy. Most of these builders will jump in and love to help. Good luck with the build 

Which version are you making. Be sure to follow the correct greebies. ANH is different than ESB or ROTJ.  There are plenty of reference photos available 

Edited by kevin926

Good job! What's your next move?

c77ae6d0e90a99b71d01895c969f20fc.jpg

644b8d958a05d4be34d95de3de6587ed.jpg

This is what I got done so far...

I screwed up the counter. I drilled it on the wrong side (upside down)

I filled the holes with bondo and used this 90* bracket. I milled out a slot under the scope rail, and use the same bolt to hold the scope to hold the bracket

I am now thinking of getting 1-1/2” aluminum angle iron, and cutting it the same length as the counter and using both screws on the scope to hold the counter

You can move the counter with the 1 bracket I don’t like that...

He wants ANH, I personally would do rogue one.

You see he’s a good friend of mine, we were each going to do one this summer. Build them both at the same time

It would also give me enough time to save up for my own airsoft and parts

BUT luuke posted a airsoft and scope in the classifieds I let my friend know and he snatched it right up.

So he jumped the gun on me

He’s doing the airsoft with

Roys track
Field Marshall scope
Field Marshall counter
Field Marshall power cylinders

He also orders field Marshall’s end cap. I guess it’s more accurate? I don’t know if it will fit right on or if I’ll have to machine it to fit... I’ll cross that line when I get there

I was planning on my own r1 version. Since there are suppose to be millions of these in the Star Wars galaxy I won’t hesitate to make my very own version of the blaster, mixing and mashing things

I also collect flash lights, so once I saw one bolted to the side of the e11 I knew that’s the route I was going

More progress today, e6000’ed the power cylinders on. And put a war machine end cap on the air soft

5a602b718cbe5b3dbdec0f483840827a.jpg

Ground the inside down little with my mill, and finished with my Dremel. Since I don’t have a rotary table yet

140e28ad8071c33ea4510163271dfdb5.jpg

da4bde19647a065176441f25b2abf2e6.jpg

Some taps of the rubber hammer
eaaed4565f7ff6a4ff207a4423bac034.jpg

• Like 2