Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

Hey guys! Two of us have been interested in doing this trooper for awhile, but there's no CRL yet. We posted on the Clone forum, but they don't know to consider this a CT or a TK. Here are some screens of the trooper and our finished helmet model:  

30265326_2054653207897551_8515803336211955712_n.jpg

TFU 501st Trooper 1 .jpg

TFU 501st Trooper 2 .jpg

TFU 501st Trooper 7 .jpg9OFjy4Z.jpgQAcOeA2.jpg

TFU 501st Trooper 8 .jpgemV7HZF.jpgjqAu7l5.jpg77DCiOG.jpgnd8nila.jpgeIRnCyv.jpgCizHRCz.jpgapQuS5Y.png

Edited by DeltaReynolds
  • Like 2

I want it. :shok:

I would probably call it a TK rather than a CT, because these events take place after Order 66 and the rise of the Empire. These guys are Imperial Stormtroopers, just in a sort-of transitional stage between armors.

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll have this beauty printed soon :D.

fgECRhz.png

And yeah, that's what they were thinking. They're trying to take the armor and the timeline into account (since most of the armor is CT, but is leaning very heavily toward a TK).

Edited by DeltaReynolds
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The forehead in the recreation protrudes too much. I think you should lift the face forward a bit. Look at the side references. Anyway, my sperginess brought me here and I would love to cosplay as a Triton Squad Phase 3 501st Clone Stormtrooper from the Force Unleashed Wii/PS2/PSP Kashyyyk. That's a mouthful! 

Anyway, if you could post a link to that model file, whether for free or purchase, that would be epic. I want one of those Etsy helmet gurus to print one out for me... eventually when my wallet regenerates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually starting this build up again since I have the time now :smiley-sw013: Only difference this time is I'm not really aiming for approval, and doing more of a modern take on this trooper instead, A new helmet is also being made to fit the changes (the new helmet file might be put for sale once my build is done). Can't wait to show progress :duim:

• Like 2

So to start off, I just got my clone boots from ImperialBoots a few days ago. Also got a few of the audio files for the troopers in cutscenes (only 6 but better than nothing) that I'll be sharing here incase anyone wants to use them :duim: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f5TeM74BvAUSe-Y3zrYzx-yayEEDAEIa 

Voice lines are as follows (1-5 are from the first mission, and 6 comes from the PSP versions Order 66 mode):

1. "Lord Vader! We were ambushed upon arrival, but i have the situation well in..."

2. "Lord Vader, Triton Squad reporting for duty sir!"

3. "Yes sir!"

4. "You heard him men! On the double!"

5. "Yes sir! We're sustaining heavy resistance sir. So far we haven't even broken their frontline."

6. "Yes my Lord."

• Like 2

An interesting project for sure. Here is a little info on new to the legion costumes:

New to the Legion Costumes (NTTL)

Whenever you begin work on a “New to the Legion” costume, it is always best to connect with the Legion Membership Officer and relevant Detachment before proceeding. It is recommended that a “New to the Legion” costume is not kept a secret. One of the best ways to receive feedback on a “New to the Legion” costume is to make an account with the relevant detachment forum, and solicit feedback from the membership base. An ongoing and regularly updated info-page, New to the Legion Costumes in Progress is kept, listing out costumes with links to their designated Detachments. 

Effective January 2016, the 501st Legion requires that all “New to the Legion” costumes must have a CRL before being approved in the database. 

A “New to the Legion Costume” is a costume that has no CRL. Below are the steps for a “New to the Legion” costume and how it is added to the membership database. 
Contact LMO@501st.com and ensure the costume is applicable for inclusion into the 501st Legion. Please provide the following information: 
Name (and TKID if applicable )
Name of costume
Media this character (in this exact costume) is seen in
Links to reference

If contact with a detachment has already been made, and links to any WIPs

The GML and/or costumer will be guided to the appropriate Detachment where CRL development will then occur.

Once CRL development is complete, the costume will be entered into the Membership database, announced, and then the costume may be approved on current and prospective members.

Notes to Keep in Mind 
Typically as much time will be spent researching and looking at reference sources as it will take to make / assemble the costume. Ideally, there are clear full body pictures of the front, side, and back. When in doubt, email and ask LMO@501st.com, providing all reference for the character in question.

Understand that a CRL undergoes many revisions by many people before publishing and that it is possible that there are multiple people working on the same costume at the same time. There are no guidelines on creating a new costume aside from reference material, and a costumer may be asked to change things multiple times.
Understand that a CRL is not intended to be a detailed how-to on costume construction; rather it is a visual guide to be used for 501st costume approval. Detailed instructions, designs, and specific measurements are to be recorded within the detachment forum’s WIP documentation.

The costume will not be approved in the Membership Database until all of the steps to create the CRL are completed. The wait period from completion of costume to approval can be lengthy.

Pictures of the costume being worn, as well as costume parts may be requested. The first completed costume is not always the CRL model. Sometimes multiple applicants images are used to complete a CRL. Images should be captured against a simple, contrasting background, at high resolution, with good lighting.
The Detachment and/or LMO may ask for assistance in writing the text of the CRL, but this is not always the case.

Before any CRL goes live, it will be reviewed, edited, and approved by the LMO Team. Once approved, the new costume will be added to the membership database, and the CRL published on the wiki (Databank).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on this project so far. Years ago when I played this game, I liked the cross-over idea of these helmets, and I still do.

Just one thing sticks out to me; isn't the forehead a bit oversized? Wouldn't say the brow is placed too low, but everything above it looks slightly too large.

I might be wrong on this whole point, but just thought I mention this before you start printing.

The model itself is built off the ingame model, so how some of the helmet is shaped is pretty accurate. And while i do agree on the brow, I didn't want to mess with the design too much, and the look is just very iconic for me :duim:

Btw, the new helmet was modeled by my good friend Boon from Skylu 3D Props, and you can check his work out here: https://www.facebook.com/Skylu3D/ 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: Ordered Clone and Stormtrooper parts from 850 Armor Works! Also getting the OG version of the helmet (my Profile Pic one) printed since the print of the new version was too small to fit, and also had to be cut, but I'll get that version reprinted later on. So I'll be playing the waiting game for awhile more :td:

• Like 2

• DeltaReynolds changed the title to Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

Friend finished printing my helmet! Once its sanded and primed it's being sent my way to get painted and finished. I also received my pauldron and ammo pouch from Trooperbay (will get a backpack once the build is done to more resemble the Squad Leader/Commander).

kT2dXS2.jpg7oaD6ev.jpg

• Like 3