Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

Fun mockup. There was an illustration from a book documenting the original capture of Thrawn that had  212th looking intermediate troopers as well, as attached. I thought it would be a fun costume to do, but it was just not quite enough a complete view to do so. :/

thrawntroopers.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ionicdesign said:

Fun mockup. There was an illustration from a book documenting the original capture of Thrawn that had  212th looking intermediate troopers as well, as attached. I thought it would be a fun costume to do, but it was just not quite enough a complete view to do so. :/

thrawntroopers.jpg

It's interesting. Those guys look like Stormtroopers with Phase 2 Clone helmets. Shoulder pads are Marshall Commander pads(like Commander Cody) but without the groves, but the rest of the body is 100% Stormtrooper. While the helmet color is orange(might me lighter than 212th), it's more in the shape of the 501st stripe but with the white between the visor and headband like with some of the 327th Star Corps. There's also that one with the orange knee, I'm assuming he's higher rank. 

cody.jpeg 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dude I remember seeing you post this up on CTN way back in the day! How did it take me this long to find this thread??? Remember you having some trouble trying to find a home for a CRL, did you ever get that sorted? I'd honestly love to tackle this build at some point.

• Like 2

CRL is still up in the air (no real home for this yet). My build is on hold for the time being so real progress for a CRL is halted until someone starts posting progress of their own build and works with detachment staff on how to proceed. If you end up tackling the Phase 3 yourself, I'd definitely love to see the progress you make on it (not to mention the work you do already is fantastic :salute:)!

• Like 1

You could always reach out to the LMO's in regards to getting a better idea of which detachment would possibly home this costume, no doubt DL's would also be included in the conversation lmo@501st.com

For me if you look at the overall costume it appears more clone based so I would think it would be home under clonetroopers.

Unless Disney throws a spanner in the works we pretty much know the evolution of the Stormtrooper and what versions fall under it from concept to new era

• Like 1

That conversation took place over a year ago, Clone Detachment DL flat out said it's not a clone and stated never going to happen.

Personally I felt it is far too clone like even in construction and the LMO's agreed, that it falls in a gap between the two detachments.

I however certainly invited Cameron to have a build thread here, because we are happy to support discussions on a great looking character that has elements of a TK, not sure if the Clone detachment offered the same.

• Like 1

I have done a lot just trying to pump up awareness of the design. It has indeed helped as I see more discussions, art, etc. If anything I could create a step by step process and have it hosted on Google Drive or Icedrive. My main issue is ADHD or being broke. I have a 3D printer and I will get to it, but it might be like 3 months away. lol

I don't know the strictness of these forums, the 501st Legion (group), or whether my desired build would be tolerated.

Ideally I want a 'realistic' take on the game design. I want to take elements from the Live Action Clone Troopers from Kenobi and Andor, the movies, the concept art for TFU and the actual TFU model. 

Considering how much is Clone based, I would follow a Clone CRL and then tweak it. Helmet, shoulder pads, stomach, groin, belt, knee ammo pack and knee pad being the key differences I can recall. 

Does it fall under CT or TK? Well it's an Imperial Clone. It falls under Imperial, Post RotS and Post Phase 2, but it just so happens to be a Clone. Anything Post Phase 2 I would consider as a "TK", but then again I have zero say. 

• Like 2

I also commissioned Mandalorian Business to create realistic renders. He's taking his time as he's talented and busy. 

His belt and stomach armor looks really nice. Link to a WIP he posted up shows that. I'll be leaning towards his interpretation of the belt as it fits the concept art and can be quickly modified to fit the game by moving the pouch things. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClW1UfYqSLH/ 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another good reference. Very nice renders. Personally I would make those upper leg gap adjustments from the live action suits so you could actually sit if wearing this armor. I also should be starting my build by February if all goes to plan. This is indeed a website about building armor. 2023 is the year Triton gets cosplayed. 

Anyone know if a live action Clone CRL is out? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice models of helmets, looks cool! I wonder what program this was created in. When I tried to design similar helmets in blender 3d, my video card couldn't handle the load. Therefore, I had to use freelance exchanges and spend my accumulated budget ICOholder since rendering is not cheap there. But such beauty is worth the money.

Edited by largo12
  • Like 1