Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

Going to have to replace the knee boxes now. lol. Looks more transitional with your parts and suggestions, Josh/Jazter. Epic. Also got that RotS chest gap thing going on with this mock up that I ripped from a mod by EldeBH. Edited down the Clone belt myself. 

As for the knee pad, IDK which way I'm going to go about it ATM. I want something that is "lore accurate" or "(prequel)movie accurate". I feel like the game interpretation is more or less nailed down and should get a CRL started up. So ideally a game CRL and a movie inspired look CRL

Quick mock up. 

df7a2mt-4daab54a-e33c-4157-97d7-13884b4b

• Like 2

Posting some more images of the model done by Deggial Nox. Also like he used my images as the references to compare the original vs his.

1vPKbRq.png8i4oBe4.pngeUIfIGh.jpg79jtq2G.jpgLslBchB.jpgkVbBn31.jpg8aRE9Iz.jpg9tz5smS.jpg6ByAKkN.jpgR9fb4wg.jpg2A0F8Iz.png

I can see why he did the belt the way he did. If you notice on the in-game model, the thermal detonator is hanging off the squares on the belt, and his is able to mimic that (even though I do prefer the belt boxes to be its own usable thing), and like stated before the other rivet on the pauldron is missing. Some of the clone armor pieces also seem to be more angular and pointy, so its edges aren't as rounded as normal clone armor. Might just be copying the game model 1:1 or making it more stormtrooper like in appearance which I kinda like. Also liking all the models you're putting out @jaztermareal! Keep up the good work :salute:

• Like 2

As for the eventual 1:6 figure (when I can finally 3D print again... some day) I am still thinking about what blaster I would use.

If going by what looks good and is correct for the very early Empire, I think standard clone DC15S would look good or the ROTS DC15-X (the DC15 A/S hybrid from the 501st temple march during order 66) but obviously neither blaster was used by the Phase 3 clones in TFU so it would not be accurate. Inaccurate but cool.

If going by game devs intention then ANH style E-11 is likely accurate to what they intended but doesn't match the in game look since the game model blasters were HUGE. 

That leads me to the 3rd and most game accurate option: An oversized E-11 (call it early Empire proto-E11) in which case I could probably just use the oversized E-11 blasters from my old 90's Kenner 12 inch figures since they were suitably massive. It would give them new life: instead of obsolete oversized "parts box" filler they would be TFU proto E-11's. 

What are the opinions of all ye? 

• Like 2

I just see it as an E-11 but because it's an old low poly game it's oversized. I chuck it as a game limitation/oversight/graphical issue for that period of game development. 

Considering how the Phase 3 is vastly Clone inspired as is, it leans in towards the Stormtrooper aspect more if you go with the E-11 and balances out more. "It's like poetry, it rhymes". 

• Like 2

Another rough concept for a "(prequel)movie accurate" version. 

This looks so much like a Stormtrooper now despite it being "written" in the Clone Trooper format. Especially with those shoulders.

Stomach armor needs a proportional edit that I will have to do later on to make the fancy bits more visible. What color should the buttons be? Black or dark blue? 

df7c6xe-16b4e081-9897-45fe-bead-83078bb5

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cameron_Kiesser said:

Another rough concept for a "(prequel)movie accurate" version. 

This looks so much like a Stormtrooper now despite it being "written" in the Clone Trooper format. Especially with those shoulders.

Stomach armor needs a proportional edit that I will have to do later on to make the fancy bits more visible. What color should the buttons be? Black or dark blue? 

looking good! looking like a stormtrooper despite being mostly clone parts is the really interesting thing about it. It really screams Empire which is fitting given that they are Imperial clones. It s why I love them so much!

The buttons being hidden is a given due to the longer ROTS style chest reaching the belt so maybe it doesn't need altering. 

As for colour of buttons, on screen the game ones seem to be dark grey and concept art has them as grey. I would go dark grey.

• Like 2

Images curtesy of Steve Stamatiadis (director of the game). great reference material. The game model especially while the concept art should help show intention for any unclear areas too low poly to make out.

52152067049_15c923aeb2_b.jpgFRjjJIaaIAAT7fg by kraggy2011, on Flickr
52151826306_285c88be26_h.jpgsvgstv1r.jpg by kraggy2011, on Flickr
52151826316_8b01ece47e_h.jpg_QCxqPk4.jpg by kraggy2011, on Flickr
52150816117_d14d98a618_h.jpgnGFbqdkt.jpg by kraggy2011, on Flickr
52152067014_67d655c469_z.jpgFRjjLOlakAEsIUo by kraggy2011, on Flickr
52152067034_2fdae0a035_b.jpgFRjjKmjakAE-KMP by kraggy2011, on Flickr

Also, the game was re-released for Switch, I think great opportunity for replay and of course reference screenshots! How many of you all got it? last time I played it was on Wii so I think it high time I played it again on my Switch.

• Like 2

I actually only ever played the first level on the Wii. lol. I usually watched video games in my household. 

Based on the concept art I think that's a Clone knee and more or less in the same position but it's now connected to the leg armor at the bottom instead of being it's own thing. So I can probably raise that knee a bit up on my model.

If you haven't noticed, the concept art belt and in game belt has the boxes moved. Concept shows 3 mini squares and the in game shows 5. Meaning I'm right if I go with the concept art interpretation with where to put the big boxes at, it would be like a Clone belt in that regard. However it's clear to me that the belt really is that simplistic.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cameron_Kiesser said:

I actually only ever played the first level on the Wii. lol. I usually watched video games in my household. 

Based on the concept art I think that's a Clone knee and more or less in the same position but it's now connected to the leg armor at the bottom instead of being it's own thing. So I can probably raise that knee a bit up on my model.

If you haven't noticed, the concept art belt and in game belt has the boxes moved. Concept shows 3 mini squares and the in game shows 5. Meaning I'm right if I go with the concept art interpretation with where to put the big boxes at, it would be like a Clone belt in that regard. However it's clear to me that the belt really is that simplistic.  

obviously just as with the belt the concept art of the knee is not the same as the game model. Game accurate knee is unique, concept art knee is clone style. concept art belt has 3 front boxes, game accurate has 5. I think we can separate the designs as you are to concept art version and game version, 2 different but valid versions of the trooper. 

When I get to making figures I may do both a game accurate one and concept art version. would need to somehow widen the helmet for concept art version of course. Maybe have concept art version all white while game accurate in 501st colours

Edit again: I just noticed Degial backpack side pipe is too long and has a white piece the game version backpack doesn't. That makes Skylu's the better interpretation. he also made the ammo pouches really small. 

Edited by jaztermareal
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cameron_Kiesser said:

So three versions, Game, Concept, and Ubertastic flawless lore accurate mega ultra fan version. ;) I am feeling like this is a really good balance. Thanks for your models and insight. Looks so much better now. 

96a559e9-c9ba-499a-836c-755080c6a928_tex

yeah, concept art version, game version and rots live action style version. 3 cool looks. 

EDIT: so who is gonna make a new CRL? I am sure someone here wants to be first

Edited by jaztermareal
  • Like 2

Since the shoulder pad I made previously was a remix of a scout trooper shoulder and was too thin at small scales for action figure use I decided to make a new version from scratch:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5414220

52156603713_188a4c8772_c.jpgshoulder by kraggy2011, on Flickr

It comes in standard and extra thick versions and scaled for 1:12, 1:6 and 1:1

52155576247_2937a890ed_b.jpgshoulder2 by kraggy2011, on Flickr 

I also updated all my older Phase 3 armour models to include scaled versions (many were unscaled).

• Like 2

I got the updated armor I've been working on imported in Battlefront 2 and now it's just about hammering down the textures and fixing any bugs like clipping or rig issues. There are ZERO overlapping UVs. My original attempt had a lot of those because n00b. I'm so much better at this and excited to see the new version done some time soon, maybe in a week. Taking my time to really make it beautiful. 

WIP

df7lhwx-799175b2-9981-40ad-91b5-d5eefbed

• Like 2

I did post some of the recordings from the game, but only 2 of them are clean enough (From the PSP version). The rest have Vader's breathing. Would be nice to get some clear audio for them though. Also, on the PSP version if you were to play the survival mode, they also use Temuera voice lines from AotC and RotS.

• Like 2

I was just shocked that none of the Triton Squad lines from the PS2, PSP, WII versions of TFU have been extracted. I'm pretty google savvy and couldn't find anything. I am hoping to do some animations with the lines, but Temuera is still my go to for Clones.

I do have a bunch of Temuera Morrison lines that I unearthed from both Battlefronts if anyone needs them. Even the cut campaign objectives. 

Here is the campaign objectives(in order): 

• Like 2