Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

I like to "translate" between artstyles. I don't adhere to an artstyle 100% when "converting" to realism or vice versa, hence the liberties I took. That said I like your shoulder piece. Too late to use it now. lol. I would have used it. Anyway it's awesome this chapter is over now for me. Hopefully I can get an actual physical helmet one day. 

And how's that armor coming along?

• Like 1

"I like to "translate" between artstyles. I don't adhere to an artstyle 100% when "converting" to realism or vice versa, hence the liberties I took."

Don't worry, I wasn't knocking it! I wish I had started dabbling in 3D earlier though, I could have contributed when it was needed!

Made a mock-up using all the files. some needed to be re-scaled to work but a full suit is now possible. As I improve my own 3d modelling I will improve upon the parts I made and maybe add more bespoke parts but for now, between you fine members on this thread who made the helmet, myself and the creators on Thingiverse who made the Clone, Scout and TK parts used we have the full suit. :) 

full1.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, Cameron_Kiesser said:

In case anyone wanted an Imperial Commander Cody concept. (Not perfect)

The world seems to be going nuts. However I will try my best to get at least the helmet(to clarify the 501st design) 3D printed this year(hopefully). 

df69beg-cf3d677d-e043-4bcc-9ace-95d81dfe 

This looks freaking awesome!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 4:24 AM, Cameron_Kiesser said:

This is 100% proof the Triton belt has to be a Clone belt. No doubt.

df624y7-efe2adba-6d03-433f-935d-4e437dfa

not to me no, in fact, if it was meant to be animated style the rest of the armour would too.

In fact, concept art clearly shows it is supposed to be reminiscent of a TK belt 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jaztermareal said:

not to me no, in fact, if it was meant to be animated style the rest of the armour would too.

In fact, concept art clearly shows it is supposed to be reminiscent of a TK belt 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Fair point! But I'm still convinced I'm right muhaha!

Judging by the concept art, the Stormie kneepad thing ... I got right. :) 

Maybe it's a Clone Trooper belt with Stormtrooper pockets in the Clone Trooper pocket location?

The helmet looks kinda goofy here and I can't put my finger on it. Oversized? Is it because it's asymmetrical? 

Side note: I fixed the blue arm stripes on my Triton mod as a separate texture mod. The blue stripe is clearing on the top side as seen here. 

On 6/5/2022 at 4:14 AM, Cameron_Kiesser said:

Fair point! But I'm still convinced I'm right muhaha!

Judging by the concept art, the Stormie kneepad thing ... I got right. :) 

Maybe it's a Clone Trooper belt with Stormtrooper pockets in the Clone Trooper pocket location?

The helmet looks kinda goofy here and I can't put my finger on it. Oversized? Is it because it's asymmetrical? 

Side note: I fixed the blue arm stripes on my Triton mod as a separate texture mod. The blue stripe is clearing on the top side as seen here. 

on the knee, in game the stormtroopers use a different model of knee box than the triton squad troopers so they are indeed meant to be different. It is meant to be transitional so the belt and knee are neither p2 clone nor TK, the p3 is its own thing, half way between the two as a sort of evolution.

honestly though for an in game skin using clone/tk parts for simplicity is fine since the original force unleashed in game models are so low detail that almost no one will ever notice the difference.

yeah the concept art is a bit wonky, the helmet looks huge! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cameron_Kiesser said:

Here's a render based off of the variant cover of Darth Vader and the Lost Command.

df6uauq-5f1dd840-0315-4fe2-b63e-99b262ab

That is one hell of a beautiful render!!!! I really hope the phase 3 gets re-canonised. Would be incredible to see Vader flanked by them in live action!

Edited by jaztermareal
  • Like 1

Okay finally noticed that the stomach armor is indeed a completely original piece and not a Stormtrooper piece, I never noticed that lol. And I see the difference in the knee piece after comparing the in game models. If I ever revisit the modelling process I'll correct them. I still prefer the Clone belt as a base, but there should be more of a morph to the TK belt. Maybe eliminate the excess boxes and smooth out the surfaces. I would still like to keep the two big boxes where they are on the CT belt but more flat and smooth. 

Here's a quick concept of a more transitional belt. df73kv5-23eba105-1743-4fa2-b0b1-2a3c3613

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cameron_Kiesser said:

Okay finally noticed that the stomach armor is indeed a completely original piece and not a Stormtrooper piece, I never noticed that lol. And I see the difference in the knee piece after comparing the in game models. If I ever revisit the modelling process I'll correct them. I still prefer the Clone belt as a base, but there should be more of a morph to the TK belt. Maybe eliminate the excess boxes and smooth out the surfaces. I would still like to keep the two big boxes where they are on the CT belt but more flat and smooth. 

Here's a quick concept of a more transitional belt. df73kv5-23eba105-1743-4fa2-b0b1-2a3c3613

yeah the belly and knee are completely different from TK as is the belt, which makes kitbashing figures, making costumes etc tricky.

I kinda like that belt concept. more visually interesting than the game accurate one (I too prefer CT big box placement). In game screenshots you can just about barely make out some panel lines on the boxes so they don't need to be completely smooth, just subtle panel lines. then again the panelling is so subtle on the low poly game models that they look smooth so I guess both subtle panel lines and completely smooth work fine

Edited by jaztermareal
  • Like 1

Here's Deggial Nox's revamped version. Paywalled mod. Anyway it looks stunning and is a 1:1 recreation of the game model. I'm biased towards the "lore accurate" version, but I would be lying if this recreation wasn't stunning. 

Anyway this should be a good reference if you want to have a 1 to 1 recreation. Glad my mod forced his hand (Joke).

I downloaded some of jaztermareal's models as listed above and plan to update my interpretation. Also if you want to really be RotS accurate like I am trying to do, the chest piece should be nearly touching the belt and not having this huge gap.

FTdwTL4UYAAiHMg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Example of proper gap between chest piece and belt.

detl6zr-dde12fb9-de7b-4c6c-8e94-d848c956

• Like 2

Just looked at the full model he did! Pretty much everything is spot on (He even did the commander backpack and a redesigned pauldron). It is probably/definitely now the most accurate interpretation of them. I'm glad the Phase 3 is getting so much love and recognition these past few years and can't wait to see what y'all end up doing :smiley-sw013: Life has been busy so my build is on hold for the time being, but I do at least want to finish painting the helmet I currently have. If I ever have the time (and money) again, I definitely want to tackle the new armor in full.

• Like 2

looking over Degial Nox's model I think the belt boxes not quite right but overall I think it is pretty damn accurate. At first I thought his left knee pad was wrong as I think game devs intended it to be standard clone knee but in looking at reference pics I think the way it was by modeled Degial Nox is actually correct. He also got something else correct that I think I got wrong: the number of knee boxes (I thought it was 5 based on pics I used for reference, seems it was actually 6). no big deal as I should probably remake it anyway (my knee box model was remixed using existing 3d models before I learned to CAD, now I should be able to make a new one from scratch)

Regarding gap between the chest and belt, Degial's seems to be correct to the game but I would love a ROTS style option

Edited by jaztermareal
  • Like 2

Loving the details in this thread. You will find like many of the Stormtrooper game variants that some things are allowable due to not being able to source items exactly how is shown in reference/game images, but in this case making the files from scratch should definitely make this a screen accurate build and hopefully an easy run to a new CRL.

• Like 3

Well, hopefully we can get close enough :) I know none of my stuff is gonna be perfect because I am limited by abilities as a learner but Luckily Boon (Skylu) and the good members here already got the most important and difficult part done: the helmet. 

I have just knocked together this left knee pad:

p3 knee L b 2.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeltaReynolds said:

Just looked at the full model he did! Pretty much everything is spot on (He even did the commander backpack and a redesigned pauldron). It is probably/definitely now the most accurate interpretation of them. I'm glad the Phase 3 is getting so much love and recognition these past few years and can't wait to see what y'all end up doing :smiley-sw013: Life has been busy so my build is on hold for the time being, but I do at least want to finish painting the helmet I currently have. If I ever have the time (and money) again, I definitely want to tackle the new armor in full.

Degial seems to have missed the second fastener/button on the pauldron and there are too many stripes on the black section. Skylu's pauldron (from the Imperial Navy Commander Officer model) has no fastener/button but does have fewer stripes.

Both have what I consider great interpretations of the backpack.

EDIT: just noticed that Degial made the middle button on the belly square, when it should be round. otherwise it looks correct to my eyes.

Don't feel bad about not having finished painting helmet let alone full armour, I have yet to make anything physical (recently became a dad so I can't have resin fumes from 3D printer in the room for time being and I do not have an FDM printer yet so for now all I can do is try to self learn CAD in the little spare I have and dream of making the 1:6 phase 3 clone figure I have wanted for so long. I won't even consider a costume until have that done.

Edited by jaztermareal
  • Like 2