Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

17 minutes ago, DeltaReynolds said:

So a bit of an update: Since my last post, work started back up in office so I've been pretty busy, unable to do anything costuming related. BUT with the year coming to a close soon, and with some more time on my hands, I'll hopefully have this beauty painted by 2021 (or before January ends if that doesn't work out)! My RotJ E-11 blaster has also shipped so that's something I'm waiting on too. After that it's just waiting on the armor from 850 to get the build finished (I've also started work on a custom Mando that should keep me busy till then hopefully). I know interest in the helmet files are there, but I have my own concerns on putting them up for sale that I have to think on (since two of us had this commissioned, but never really discussed if this could be sold or not, but I'm the only one still working on it), so we will see. But I do want to release it and let other people build and show off their own Triton Troopers. This trooper I feel deserves more recognition and more spot in the limelight :td: I'll update on my paint progress soon! 

Glad to see you are back working on this project Eric, it will look awesome once finished.

• Like 2

Painted the grey on the ears and upper back areas. currently working on the teeth (which have been a pain to tape off), then to paint the brow and neck rims black (I'll post pics once both are done). Also, I'll be releasing the Rogue One inspired versions of the helmets for free, which were modeled for me by my friend Skylu3D. Use and edit them how you like, but remember to credit :smiley-sw013: Once everything with my current helmet file is figured out, that will be released (either for buying or free).

Phase 3 Rogue One v1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hn6QW9nAtP4bhwhC6u8QJ_XPwJKvFmqX/view?usp=sharing

ovN8Ahv.jpg

Phase 3 Rogue One v2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0L2xgB-zXguqfX7KxO4bOqxAoYOJ2Lp/view?usp=sharing

wO5mRaz.png

• Like 5

Great work and thank you for sharing, you could also post these in the 3D section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/202-3d-file-depository/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Small update to get the new year started! Currently in the process of taping off and getting ready to paint the brow, teeth, and neck rim. After that it's the 501st marking and tube stripes. Also the past 2 months I've gotten 2 new blasters for my collection: A DC-15s for my Clone build, and a E-11 (which does have lights for blaster and stun settings) for my StormClone! In reality the in-game model uses the ANH version, which I did own at one point... till it broke at a con :mellow: and I always liked the RotJ version the most, so for now that's my stand-in. Hopefully next post will be an almost finished painted helmet :trooper:

u2J2mcl.jpg?2 

• Like 2

Brow and neck rim have been painted, as well as attached the chin and respirators! It's starting to show its Clone/Stormtrooper lineage :smiley-sw013: Need to touch up some areas, but nothing some of the weathering won't fill in. Just need to paint the teeth (which have been a pain), tube stripes, 501st markings, and weathering to make it complete. Then it's just playing the waiting game for my armor :salute:

AQKZTop.jpgO96njKQ.jpgE8qMQSH.jpgJzNW3PZ.jpgFV6bCrr.jpgZMu2WyD.jpgju1aEU7.jpgULiyMyc.jpgGqMq9Ps.jpgxppmh8r.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

SURPRISE! Here's the release of my Phase 3 Helmet! Can't wait to see some of these floating around :trooper: Just as a reminder, I don't mind if people sell prints/casts, but don't try and resell the file, or claim it as your own :) Please credit me and Nico Henderson (Titanantinium on these forums and the one who modeled the helmet). Have fun guys! :smiley-sw013:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e3BNRxJONNfYAZ9noHg29s-YyKDZiIF9/view?usp=sharing

fgECRhz.png14TWNwf.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Well, it has been a busy past few months, BUT I am back with an update on progress! Just stenciled the tube stripes and the 501st paint on the helmet, and picked out a visor. I'm going with a mirrored Chrome visor (Aquired from TrooperbayShop on Etsy, which is where my pauldron and mag pouches also came from) since it does look like their visors are mirrored in-game (but like Phase 1 helmets I think a Black/Dark Blue Visor would work too). I'm still trying out different blues to use for the 501st markings, and the tube stripes will be painted black as per in-game (but I feel like dark blue would work too). My armor is finishing nicely over at 850ArmorWorks, and should be shipped sometime in the next two months, then I'll just need to paint and weather them and hopefully be able to fit after waiting so long xD 

4hJyryy.jpg

vSbMTAp.jpg4QZJgFy.jpgvhmtlxF.jpg4FtZONB.jpgZTJMbQy.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, just be careful how wide you make the tube stripes, they stop quite high on the curve of the cheek, yours appear to be a little wider/lower

TFU 501st Trooper 1 .jpg

TFU 501st Trooper 7 .jpg

• Like 1

I will be modifying them to make them look more the part. Mostly just wanted to get all 11 stripes on each side accounted for so I could adjust them together. Probably would been easier to print a stencil but with how the tubes are shaped it was hard to print and line up, but I got their overall positions set to be adjusted.eIRnCyv.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kinda sad to have not seen this armor in the Bad Batch yet, considering just how big of a fanboy Dave Feloni is with video games. Really hoping we get to see Vader keep his 501st clones together  for as long as possible like what happened in legends.

• Like 2

I think the TK Troopers are pretty much their replacement sadly. But hey, we can hope the TK Troopers armor will be for the early recruits and the remaining Clones get the Phase 3. Also update on my build: I got my Clone Parts! Gonna do some test fits and see what needs improvement before my TK parts arrive :smiley-sw013:

V2Myb6P.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, DeltaReynolds said:

Also update on my build: I got my Clone Parts! Gonna do some test fits and see what needs improvement before my TK parts arrive 

Eric,
Great job so far. I'm pretty excited to see this come together. Who did you order your clone armor from?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...