Force Unleashed Phase III StormClone Armor

I should of done this ALONG time ago, but for anyone interested, here's the in-game model of the helmet

TFU StormClone Helmet In-Game Model

This is a model was ripped from the PS2 version of the game when this project started. So if anyone wanted to do their own thing with it you can :dancing-trooper:

Edited by DeltaReynolds
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this. Totally looks b*dass (is cussing allowed here?). I really REALLY want to cosplay as this. The helmet is a tad different here but isn't as skinny as the attempt in this thread, but is still totally a great attempt at converting the essence into realism(which is especially difficult when converting stylized TCW characters and such into Realism). Credit is on the image. What I like about this mod is that it uses the existing armor assets instead of starting from scratch. The only thing about this design is the helmet and that should be the focus when getting this cosplay right. What do you guys think about the helmet? Also when the mod releases you can convert the mod files to 3D printing.. which I hope will be easier than rolling dice and hoping this thread has a complete 3D print file made by OP.

Triton Squad mod.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That model looks awesome!!!! ALSO just got the helmet in the mail today! It's not really skinny, it's just the photos that make it look like that. Since i have it in person now I compared it, and its size is very close to the Black Series ROTK helmet. Gonna start painting this in a few days :td:

6uegQu7.jpgLHh1vOG.jpgOy8OdRh.jpg

Also about the modded model: It's probably possible to rip it once its released and be used, but it's his work, so if it was gonna be used outside his mod i'd at least get permission (unless it'll be for your own use, but still). But i gotta admit, these models are beautiful! Only difference to mine is the belt (using the clone belt instead of a TK one)m9C8nfD.jpg

Also a word on the models I had made: They were built upon the In-game model (a very polygonal mess :Stormtrooper_walk_south:), but even after getting them made, there were some things I wish I could improve or change about them to make them maybe alittle more accurate. I do want files for the helmet to be released, but I want them accurate enough so if people who wish to go for approval with it can. So if it's possible, can we get the CRL team in here and discuss this build and see what we can do to get accuracy on the helmet and the rest of the suit as a whole? Even if I myself aren't going for approval (for now), I'd want other people to be able to at least have a stepping stone for that to happen (especially since my build is getting a lot of recognition on group post and a good amount of people have told me they want to do this build themselves too).

• Like 2

Nice looking helmet.

Just PM @Sly11 in regards to starting a CRL ;) 

You will need clear full front, back and both side images for reference so if you can get that together that will be a great start.

• Like 2

Interesting costume for sure :)

Before anything can really happen with this I will need to have a discussion with the Clone Det DL and the LMO's.

There are some very Clone elements to this costume, like the back plate and the elbow armour pieces and some very Stormtrooper element, like a hybrid as they transitioned from one to the other.

It would be great if we could have a full front, rear, left and right side image so we can see the trooper clearly.

• Like 1

A bit of reference material I've come across

bf21.png.980fbff41df7039fe047a46f8335cf37.pngbf22.png.294111419338e6c5ee2a1ce0686f23d2.pngbf23.png.4bed6486870043a00609f05bff71e833.pngbf24.png.6de8d2153e5afb11889b64e5968ff6f9.png

bf25.png.574a513deea64b9e38b294d05f0ee89c.png

bf26.png.fff7f44fae54ed92c0cd846a60cdb6ad.png

bf27.png.5dd9fc8162895e799bc91e4efa14ec5a.png

bf28.png.aa59ad20bcdc34b0c7de65bc5ebbd721.png

Photos in this thread updated 

• Like 1

I will be starting dialogue today with the Clone DL and LMO's

There are a lot of elements to this design that are of clone nature compared to TK nature and we need to make sure it ends up in the right home with the right expertise etc etc.

I'm going to follow the correct process for this so everyone is on board with the final decision :)

I think you and those that have been waiting for a home deserve this to be resolved once and for all, especially if this has been going on since 2018.

• Like 3

BTW the Triton belt is definitely a Stormtrooper belt, not a Clone Trooper one but this is all for fun anyway. I would never sell anyone's work, just want the pretty stuff for myself and already sent a message. And it's kinda hard to judge the helmet shapes without turnarounds so I meant no disrespect if I was overstating any slight differences.

Definitely getting close to completion with this project and hope I can tag along one day. I'm 22 and kinda look like Temuera Morrison but really younger. Even got the eyebrows on fleek. Would be perfect for me to cosplay as a Clone of Fett and wear this bad boi.

And on whether these are Clone Troopers or Stormtroopers. They are both. However a Stormtrooper cannot always be a Clone Trooper, but a Clone Trooper can always be a Stormtrooper. So I vote Stormtrooper. It's also far post RotS and the Empire was already years into calling them Stormtroopers. IMO

I have spoken with Eric, CTD and the LMO's, FISD  won't be the home for this costume, however, he is most welcome to continue his build thread here as we are troopers helping troopers always.:)

We don't have clone armour specific building expertise like the CTD do, to best help with construction of this armour. Nor do we keep vendors of clone associated parts so, this costume falls in a gap that leans more to the CTD direction than us from that perspective.

There is 15 years of Detachment history starting with ANH style armour with all our variant costumes (games or otherwise) based off this or RotJ. From that era forward to TFA FOTK as a progression. Even Rogue One TK's and Remnant TK's look like the same style of Stormtrooper, so a costume with predominantly Clone style armour and build just doesn't fit.

This doesn't mean I personally don't like the costume, I think it's rather cool to be honest and why I am happy to have Eric here showing us his process. We will support him where we can and I will work with the LMO's and DL's to hopefully find this costume a home.

• Like 1

The belt is actually either a really low poly clone belt or a new belt entirely. Even the right knee ammo is different compared to the Stormtrooper one.kvhwzT4.pngbGoMpqB.pngemV7HZF.jpgjqAu7l5.jpg

The armor parts that exists currently: 

Clone Trooper: Hand Plates, Forearms, Elbows, Upper Arms, Shoulders, Chest, Back, Thermal Detonator, Thighs, Lower Legs, Boots

Stormtrooper: Codpiece, Posterior, Back Abdomen, Pauldron Ammo Pouches

New/Unknown/Guestimate: Abdomen, Belt, Right Knee Ammo, Left Knee Armor, Pauldron, Backpack

So for the newer pieces this is what I am using:

Abdomen: TK with different colors and other modifications

Belt: CT Belt

Right Knee Ammo: Different than the TK one, so I had the idea of using these smaller CT ammo and attach them similarly to the TK one

ttMuh1Y.jpg

Left Knee Armor: CT Knee (might try to attach it to the Lower Leg armor like it's shown to be)

Pauldron: Different compared to a normal Sandtrooper Pauldron, but if I ever go down that route, I have normal Sandtrooper Pauldron and Pouches to use

7oaD6ev.jpg

Backpack: Different compared to a normal Sandtrooper Backpack, but if I ever go down that route, I might get a normal Sandtrooper Backpack use

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So a bit of an update: Since my last post, work started back up in office so I've been pretty busy, unable to do anything costuming related. BUT with the year coming to a close soon, and with some more time on my hands, I'll hopefully have this beauty painted by 2021 (or before January ends if that doesn't work out)! My RotJ E-11 blaster has also shipped so that's something I'm waiting on too. After that it's just waiting on the armor from 850 to get the build finished (I've also started work on a custom Mando that should keep me busy till then hopefully). I know interest in the helmet files are there, but I have my own concerns on putting them up for sale that I have to think on (since two of us had this commissioned, but never really discussed if this could be sold or not, but I'm the only one still working on it), so we will see. But I do want to release it and let other people build and show off their own Triton Troopers. This trooper I feel deserves more recognition and more spot in the limelight :td: I'll update on my paint progress soon! 

• Like 2

Sounds like you will have your hands full, be looking forward to seeing your progress

• Like 2