Attaching Silicone Handguards to Rubber Gloves?!?

Does anyone have any advice on how to attach the silicone handguards to the rubber gloves? I have tried E6000 and adhevisive velcro strips. Neither have even come remotely close to sticking to the silicone.

I used a bit of gorilla glue. Not too close to the edges cause it does expand a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ya you'll need CA glue., although I've heard people have had success with two-part epoxy as well (I've never tried that). Also, rough up the rubber gloves with sandpaper so there is something for the glue to grip onto.

@justjoseph63's handguards come with some cloth embedded in the silicone to assist with this process. Who's do you have?

Really depends on the type of hand guards, I had to use silicon once, E6000 another time and also used CA glue.

Can I ask where you got those, Jameson?  There really is no glue that I am aware of which will adhere to pure silicone, which is why (as Ben mentioned) mine come with heavy duty duck cloth embedded in the back to give the glue something to adhere to, and to date I have had no-one report problems attaching them.  Here is the latest person to use one of my sets:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44456-tk-77520-requesting-anh-hero-centurion-status-tm/

I used "Loctite All Plastics Glue", which i bought from Amazon, it's worked great in gluing the latex hand guards from "Sonnenschein", she is not making them anymore, but i am sure somebody took up the mantle.

It worked great, although i have not used the gloves on a troop yet, but the there stuck as good now as they were when i did them......a few years ago.......when i started my build........which i have still not finished :(

Edited by Artshot

10 minutes ago, Artshot said:

I used "Loctite All Plastics Glue", which i bought from Amazon, it's worked great in gluing the latex hand guards from "Sonnenschein", she is not making them anymore, but i am sure somebody took up the mantle.

I believe they went to the Imperial Supply Depot, which recently had a change of ownership so they are still available.

• Like 1

I used Loctite Plastic Bonding System and it worked like a charm. I believe my hand guards are silicone (from AP) and I used the gorilla gloves from Trooperbay / Home depot.

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-Activator-681925/dp/B000Y3LHXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523457965&sr=8-1&keywords=loctite+bonding+system

2 hours ago, Artshot said:

... "Sonnenschein", she is not making them anymore, but i am sure somebody took up the mantle.

1 hour ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I believe they went to the Imperial Supply Depot, which recently had a change of ownership so they are still available.

Actually, Karin (Sonnenschein) had two (maybe more) sets of molds.  You are correct about one set going to ISD, but I have the other one. 

Actually, Karin (Sonnenschein) had two (maybe more) sets of molds.  You are correct about one set going to ISD, but I have the other one. 

That I did not know, but good to know as means they are more available. I have an ISD set and they are great but I do wish they had the cloth like yours.

Zap a gap + kicker sorta works.  Cut it up with a razor on the bottom for extra texture to grip.

Or get ones with embedded cheese cloth or canvas ;)

On 4/11/2018 at 3:47 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Can I ask where you got those, Jameson?  There really is no glue that I am aware of which will adhere to pure silicone, which is why (as Ben mentioned) mine come with heavy duty duck cloth embedded in the back to give the glue something to adhere to, and to date I have had no-one report problems attaching them.  Here is the latest person to use one of my sets:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44456-tk-77520-requesting-anh-hero-centurion-status-tm/

Sorry, I am just now seeing this for some reason. They came with my AP kit. I paid extra for an accessory package.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:52 PM, Neb Sgird said:

Ya you'll need CA glue., although I've heard people have had success with two-part epoxy as well (I've never tried that). Also, rough up the rubber gloves with sandpaper so there is something for the glue to grip onto.

@justjoseph63's handguards come with some cloth embedded in the silicone to assist with this process. Who's do you have?

Mine came with my AP kit as part of the accessory add on.