Costume Totals

Hall of Fame

Just For Laughs

In Focus

In The Media

Notable Troops

Trooping Opportunities

Imperial Attaché Program

EIB & Centurion: What do these terms mean?

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

Merchandise

Public Relations
Follow FISD

UCA5Mbr.png

Art  Liu 

Not one of our shinny troopers but still a brother in arms, MEPD Police Officer TD83314 Art Liu passed away at the end of March 2018.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and members of the 50st Taiwan Garrison

Buckets Off

eRGDj4d.png

Hi everyone,

Well, it’s been a busy month for sure, hasn’t it?  There are two important things going on that I wanted to address directly in this newsletter: CRLs and merchadise.

CRLs
Late last year we created an updated a bunch of CRLs: Rogue One (new), TFA (update), TLJ (new), TLJ-E (new), and Rebels (new).  That took up a bunch of time and this year I wanted to streamline things a bit as we still have a lot to do in the pipe.  I’ve created monthly “CRL Update Request” threads that people can post suggestions for changes that we can review.  The March thread is here

The April thread is here

We know that the TLJ Phasma is still not done.  Unfortunately this is due to a lack of photos and we are working with Misty on getting those complete.  It will have renewed emphasis, along with the EU TK’s getting some past due attention.  The FN-2187 CRL text is done as well, but we are still waiting on photos and hope to have them soon.

Did you know we also updated the ANH Hero CRL model?  I won’t give away the details in this email, but do suggest you go check it out and congratulate that trooper on a job very well done! 

We keep the LMO’s informed of all the changes, and they are now sending out a monthly summary of all CRL updates to your GMLs.  You can ask them for a copy, or else ask them to put a reminder on their calendar to copy it to your garrison boards when they come out.

Merch
It’s hard to bat 1000 forever.  After 10+ years consisting of hundreds of successful merchandise runs, and thousands of satisfied customers, a run went a little sideways, and boy did it.  

The FISD silver coin run was supposed to be a masterpiece for the Detachment and ended up being anything but that. It started with problems with the vendor (who is now being sued), which caused a series of related problems that ended with the coins NOT going out as originally planned.  While FISD staff was trying to sort that out, things just exploded on a Facebook group and totally caught us by surprise.  Unfortunately, we were left dealing with that distraction instead of focusing on ensuring we communicated clear information directly to our members here at FISD.   

The staff has been working very hard to address these concerns as we never want you, the FISD membership, to have to go through this again.  On behalf of myself and all of my staff, I offer up our sincerest apologies and a renewed commitment to make this right not just for the short term, but long term.  FISD has a solid track record of delivering, and we will continue to make this right for you.

Where are things now?

1. Wyatt has posted his own apology on FISD and also re-affirmed that he will refund any items for a full refund.

2. Wyatt has started shipping out all the Phasma coins that were ordered.

3. Wyatt has also started shipping out all the patch orders that are outstanding. 

Needless to say, we’ll not be working on any new items for the short term until we have had a chance to review the proposed changes to how merch is handled Legion-wide and implement best practices as formal policy.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding though this trying time.  Please do reach out to us anytime with any questions or concerns you may still have.

With unquestioned loyalty,

photo-thumb-2.jpg

With Unquestioned Loyalty
Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

nt0EOSc.png

Hello all.

I would like to add L2 and L3 to 2 different CRLs and it will take me off of my comfort zone that I'm used to.

I can do an ANH or ESB with one hand behind my back, but, the FOTK, not too much. So I will need help for the Phasma CRL. I'm doing some research, but, my eye is not trained enough. I know we have some amazing Phasma in the FISD and I will get in touch with some of you to see if you can give me a hand on it.

Same thing with the Legacy Era Female TK. The only thing I know about this costume, it comes from a comic book and a statuette. I would like to improve and hopefully make an L2 and L3 on it. 

I will post a thread on each sub-forum and add a like to Paul's CRL update thread. 

Tolo

Eric Salottolo

TK37427 “Tolo”

FISD Executive Officer

p1zjAbp.png

There has been a boat load of CRL changes, many you can find in this thread

Also:

* TLJ Phasma CRL: text complete, waiting on new photos

* FN-2197 CRL: text 90% done, waiting on new photos

** Main differences are: weathering, bloody helmet, different boots.  Several options are not allowed.

* Force Unleased aka Phase III Stormtrooper: easy CRL to do, someone just needs to put this trooper together (it's basically an unpainted ICN/TKC).  Any takers?

* ANH Hero CRL Model - updated!  Congrats to Gareth TK-31225 on a job well done in getting us a more accurate model to work from.  

qvLQoj7.gif

253873467d33ef60bdb9718d6492ec76.jpg

The FISD is pleased to announce the addition of a new area in the Advanced Tactics forum dedicated to those ready to submit for basic 501st TK approval.

This section will allow future Troopers the opportunity to submit photos of their completed build to be reviewed by the Staff, Imperial Attaches and others in preparation for forwarding it to their GML for approval.  Any and all advice/suggestions given will be specific, constructive, helpful and respectful.

Please note that this program will NOT take the place of your local GML, as Detachments are not chartered for costume approval and can not override a GMLs decision, but is instead a peer review program designed to help you look your best and offer guidance and positive feedback.  You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your completed armor, weapons (if applicable), accessories, etc. and get accurate information from the experts here at the FISD.. the definitive home of TKs worldwide.

For more information on this program, please visit the link here

N6clNqX.png

Costume Totals

Always interesting to keep an eye on how many costumes are approved in the Legion, as well as how many of each type of Stormtrooper, here is where we are at currently (as off 4/7/2018)

Approved Costumes: 24014

Approved Members: 12654

Approved Stormtroopers: 5316

ysvBuD4.png

Here is the breakdown of each version of Stormtrooper, interestingly TFA have passed ANH Hero and ESB versions.

iGbT8SR.png

LHOi2Sc.png

Absolutely phenomenal pictures rolled in this month, with no pun intended for the member being inducted into the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame.

Honoring TK - 92802 Brien

Redefining The Empire Stiiii-rikes Back!

69ffa6ce2639e07abc86a0a8d8b7a845.jpg

(Special thanks to TK - 42911 Dan for the caption comment)

Aaron Gibson
TK99725 "Pyrates"
IPM - Imperial Propaganda Department

t8EkMGd.png

JDG5Hex.png

urtc7oN.jpg

What are you wearing?

A new poll for what armor are you wearing has just been opened, even if you have added your info to the old thread please jump on to the new one and add your info that would be great, you can find the thread here

euEdTGp.thumb.gif.8a87078a191f1a4a708be7 

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

l0RIiYd.png

ILMxLab's Real Time Ray Tracing

At the Unreal Engine presentation at GDC 2018 , Epic Games CTO Kim Libreri introduced several projects highlighting the scalability and performance of Unreal technology, including a partnership with ILMxLAB and Nvidia. This was the first live demonstration of interactive, real-time, ray-tracing with Unreal Engine.

Nvidia announced RTX, a real-time ray-tracing solution designed for their latest Volta GPU architecture. We were treated to a live stage demo using Unreal Engine, Nvidia RTX, and ILMxLAB’s Star Wars assets. Aside from some slight connection problems (the image was being streamed from a PC to the iPad on stage), this was a stunning demonstration, and seemed to be far less noisy than the Northlight footage from Remedy.

Tony Tamasi, Senior Vice President of Content and Technology at Nvidia explained some of the technology behind the scenes, describing ray-tracing as “the holy grail” of rendering that solves many of the fundamental problems of traditional rasterization.

Despite the fact that this demo was running on a supercomputer (an Nvidia DGX Station running four Volta GPUs connected with NVLink), Tamasi thinks the technology is not too far away from reaching consumers. “We are at the crux of real-time ray-tracing being a practical reality right now, he said. “I expect you’re going to see games shipping with real-time ray-tracing this year.”

AIWGPc0.png

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here

Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too.

MARCH - APRIL

Give Kids the World

S1Iwlxa.jpg

More here

By: Mark, msouza, TK11463

Autism Walk and Family Fun Day

3ZfPoB9.jpg

More here

By: Mark, msouza, TK11463

Fanbase collectables / Video Ezy

More here

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

BRUINS Star Wars Weekend

FB_IMG_1522097009273.jpg 

More here

By: Randy, magni, TK16127

Astrofest 2018

More here

Starlight Purple Haze

yN43ZYI.jpg

More here

W5H3BMR.png

File:Lucasfilm logo.png

Retail Embargo Lift

For most of the year we are under an embargo from LFL and can not attend retail locations unless prior approval has been given by them. At certain times of the year this embargo is lifted, generally around Blu-Ray / movie releases, May 4th and Force Friday, the recent correspondence from LFL outlines the lift of the embargo dates to be between May 1st and May 31st.

As always there are strict rules, speak to your Garrison Commanding Officer,  Squad Leader or if you have one Garrison Events Coordinator before organising any event.

*REMEMBER* Always follow your garrison/squad's guidelines when in comes to organising Disney/LFL promotional troops, only command staff can deal direct with LFL.

qvtgYL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/REASe78.jpg

Serve proudly, gentlemen, and as Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attaché program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis , welcoming new members and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attaché merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attaché title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attaché HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.  (justjoseph63)

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

Attaché Patch

AttachePatch.jpg

Becoming an attaché also gives you the ability from time to time to purchase specific merchandise not offered to the general membership, one such item is the limited attaché patch, sales thread here (sorry only Attaché's may order)

Imperial Attaché Award for those attaché's who have gone above and beyond [minimum 1 year of service]

pZpMdt4.png

XT1Q6qV.png

ecZ4Atz.png

v7nhRyi.png

So what exactly are EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion levels?

These programs were designed for those who choose to take their armor above and beyond the minimum requirements for basic 501st Legion approval.  It gives you the chance to show a level of dedication and pride that takes your armor closer to being as "screen accurate" as possible, without as much extra work as you may realize!

It also works on giving a better look to the Legion as an entity, and you can bet others will take notice of your hard work.  The 501st has a list of detailed requirements for Basic approval, (level 1), EIB, (level 2) and Centurion, (level 3) which can be found here in the Costume Reference Library, (CRLhttp://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Here are a few of the questions people may be wondering about:  

1.  "I am a (tall/short/heavy/thin) Trooper.  Can I still apply?  Of course!  These programs are open and encouraged for all sizes of TKs, as long as the costume is correct and meets the guidelines.  There are many specific build tutorials to every option, as well as a vast network of fellow TKs on the FISD to help you out and offer suggestions.

2.  "How much extra will I have to pay for extra items"?  The cost is actually quite reasonable, considering the few extra supplies you will need, which are listed in the requirements area.  While it may run you a little more to implement these additions to your costume, they will go a long way to improving accuracy.  All needed items can be found for sale on this thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

While blasters are not required for basic approval, for EIB and Centurion levels they are, and may need upgrades (also listed in the CRL).

3.  "I haven't even got my kit yet, is it too early to start planning"?  Actually, aiming for Centurion is easiest to do right out of the box.

4.  "I have my basic TK approval, can I still get in these programs"?  In a word... absolutely!  

5.  "Are there any "perks" to this extra work and cost"?  Besides knowing that you have a great looking set of armor, the 501st and FISD believes you should be deservedly recognized for your achievement(s), and allows you to wear the appropriate embroidered "rocker" badge of rank (available for a very minimum cost) on your shirt, helmet bag, etc., as well as rank decals to put on your armor bin.  You will also have access to select "challenge coin" runs, receive (free) a cool certificate for your new rank, and have your title posted below your name in your FISD signature.  Plus, once you reach these levels, you will have the extra knowledge to help out those who are looking to apply as well.

6.  "Is it hard to apply, and what happens then"?   After basic approval, all you do is make sure your armor is up to the standards set forth in the CRL, post a thread with the required photos in the appropriate area (see below), and wait a bit for the D.O.s (Deployment Officers) to address it. (Hint:  Studying other people's threads before you submit can be a GREAT help).  These are also listed on the main page of the FISD site.  While waiting for approval, you will get some comments from others who will offer suggestions and constructive advice to help you out.  If you should need any changes, the DOs will let you know, so you can adjust accordingly.  Don't be dismayed if you do need changes... it's all for your benefit!   After you are approved for EIB, then you can submit for Centurion.  

EIB  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Centurion  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Note:  You will see some suggestions in the existing submissions/approval requests that, while not actually part of the CRL, are highly suggested items, (for your benefit), such as "flat-head screw heads on the TD (thermal detonator) should be painted black" for Centurion, etc.  Those small details all add up to closer screen accuracy.   

Just remember that the FISD is here to help you every step of the way with whatever other questions you may have, but if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in your research, just post the question, (or PM justjoseph63) and best of luck on your build!

1hgspoA.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR  FEBRUARY - MARCH  the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

Joshua Tan  "Wargasm"  TK 12968  EIB 810

Eric Ho  "TK77520"  TK 77520  EIB 811

Alfonso F. Guerrero  "Mr.cucufat"  TK 40706  EIB 812

Hendrick Lehmann  "hlehman1"  TK 12773  EIB 813

Daniel Hunter-Pike  "catalystofchaos"  TK 83075  EIB 814

Luc Nakashoji  "LucnakTK 28401  EIB 815

Jesus Arespacochaga  "Suso-T"  TK 13838  EIB 816

Randy Abramson  "magni"  TK 16127  TKC  (Second EI badge)!

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:

http://www.whitearmor.net/eib/centurion_badge.png

Andreas Engstrom  "Coil"  TK 24269  Centurion 381

Greg Bell  "wook1138"  TK 34575  Centurion 382

Logan Lange  "Logan_Blueline"  TK 50911  Centurion 383

Ahmad Syahrin  "ayen_s"  TK 18004  Centurion 384

Jim Summerlin  "BDWC"  TK 24233  Centurion 385

Julian Potter  "trooperjulian"  TK 3681  Centurion 386

Yiqiao Zhao  "ibridge ZhaoTK 88101  Centurion 387

Dominic Perron  "PERDOM4273"  TK 57996  Centurion 388

Martin Mølgaard  "Dainbrandr"  TK 92527  Centurion 389

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, troopers!

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

o5imOS4.png

3aJDUFt.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal and have just passed the 800 mark!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing (over 80 this year alone) thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, coins etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself  (justjoseph63) or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

For those interested a graph of EIB approvals by year

2018-03-13-M1000.png

PC8A8HU.png

FISD Coffee Mugs - 2 Designs!

$14 each

+ $5 shipping in the US

+ $10 shipped international

Sales thread here

Design One

WP_20180121_12_30_40_Pro.jpg   WP_20180121_12_30_52_Pro.jpg

Design Two

WP_20180121_12_30_59_Pro.jpg  WP_20180121_12_31_08_Pro.jpg

rQktppc.png

FISD Brothers in Arms Sticker

3.5 inch round stickers $4.00, shipping included

Reference: Brothers in Arms

Thread here

paypal  sales@trooperbay.com

brothers-in-arms.jpg.81cd6a7ed4ecc4fd6fe0f5aec025709f.jpg

rQktppc.png

http://canacopegdl.com/images/on-hold/on-hold-5.jpg

For those not aware there is some FISD merchandise which has now been place on hold due to the recent removal of FISD's merchandise officer, currently staff are trying to resolve this, please bare with us while this is being resolved.

From our DL:

"We're working through that process now.  I can promise you that you will get your patches, just like people will get their Phasma coins.  But, as you can imagine, it's going to take a few weeks to sort things out."

LxAOZgX.png

Newsletter

Thanks for all the positive feedback being received we will endeavour to keep up to your expectations.

We are always on the look out for content, ideas, funny photos or even your TK adventure story so feel free to contact either Danny or myself

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Glen "Q" Rhodes

TK85421 "gmrhodes13"

PRO - Communication

Social Media

photo-thumb-20691.png

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Daniel Lauber

TK55550 - "Ripper_L"

PRO - Content Editor At Large

AXQVWcW.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

JN4tHJI.png bcfTZBr.jpg Y7UThx4.png

rQktppc.png

tenor.gif

• Like 7