Starlight Purple Haze

Event: Starlight Purple Haze

Date: Saturday April 7 2018

Time: 11.30 arrival for noon to 2pm troop

Landscape/weather: Outdoor,24,part cloudy,slight wind.

Troopers:
SL51164-DV64-Stuart
TK85421-gmrhodes-Glen
TK59226-jezzapm-Jerry
TK98311-Flocky-Peter
TD84000-Darth Trooper-Kevin
BH79815-Fett79-Glenn

Wranglers
Marie
Em
Liz[photographer]

Report: Well,this last minute troop was approved Friday April 6 at 5.30am.By car,bus,train we arrived,some as early as 10.30am for the first Starlight Purple Haze day at Optus Stadium.We made do as we always do and changed in a covered picnic area and then storing our bags with starlight reps at their marquis.

The Stormtroopers were kitted up first, keen to kick things off, urging everyone else to hurry up. Vader as point trooper was being pushed to his limits however as always he remained calm and took the high road choosing to ignore some and continue as he planned.

Boba Fett forgot his suit however was rescued by a last minute delivery from an understanding wife. Someone forgot to wear shin guards due to the additional pressure placed on him during our prep to troop.

12.30pm we were kitted up for some group photos with Captain Starlights and our RL friends and then into one and a half hours of patrolling the exterior of the stadium, entertaining the crowd, stopping for photos and providing Starlight with another avenue to raise funds.

We trooped past 2pm and stayed on a little while longer.Even though the game started at 2.30 there were still photo request being made.

Some called it a day, others remained to watch the game, thankfully Freo won.

Charity: Starlight provided own volunteers to collect donations

Injuries: None that I am aware

Armour repairs: None that I am aware

Happy People: We were well received. Inside the stadium I was asked what Star Wars was doing at the game. I explained Starlight and raising funds, he seemed impressed.
Peter was felt up by a woman so that puts her in the extra happy category, she obviously loves a man in uniform.

Unhappy People: I didn't see any child have a melt down, feel free to add your own.

Mission status: Complete

Report by: DV64-Stuart-51164

Some pics to follow by our photographer Liz and please post pics and comments.

For future reference if we are fortunate enough to have this troop again and for those who may wish to stay for the game.
Starlight will work to secure a change/storage area. The game itself finished at 5.15pm and the train stations were clear of crowds exiting the stadium before 6pm as we arrived for our return journey and the platform was deserted.
Stadium attendance 33388...

A teriyaki chicken burger is $12.50,serve of chips $6 and add 2 small soft drinks.. that's $28 thanks very much.

A thank you from team Starlight

• Like 3