Starting my first build

BBB was yesterday. Too bad TK boots is closing and doesn't have my size in stock. I have a plan of attack. First I will get an armor box so I can transport this to armor parties and such, then I will order my boots. 92b49d8c4c4fd01c3cfe6ec1b51b333a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BBB was yesterday. Too bad TK boots is closing and doesn't have my size in stock. I have a plan of attack. First I will get an armor box so I can transport this to armor parties and such, then I will order my boots. 92b49d8c4c4fd01c3cfe6ec1b51b333a.jpg

Don't know why it posted twice.  Oh well.  I found a pair of boots but I want to make sure they will reach centurion level.  What do you guys think?  Here is the link:  https://www.imperialboots.com/product/421/

I do wear a wide shoe and they said it is a narrow fit.  Will it pass  centurion inspection?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lucnak said:

Yes IB has become the go-to with TK Boots closing shop. I recall seeing recommendations to order a size up.

Yeah.  I normally wear a 9 or a 9.5 depending on the brand and fit.  So I ordered a 10.  Only thing that scares me is the "narrow fit" when I wear a W shoe.  Oh well.  Those who don't take risks can't change the world.

3 hours ago, lucnak said:

Congrats! Keep in mind you should have your boots when you are sizing your shins!

Good call on that, Luc!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pretzel said:

What are you waiting for? Rip that box open and lets see that fresh armor!:laugh1:

Ha ha ha.  I hear you but there is a method to my madness.  I noticed that it is meticulously packed in the box with padding.  I don't want to take it out and when I head to the armor party risk breaking it when packing it up.  I just ordered my boots from TK Boots and an case from Home Depot.  Once the case comes in, I will rip open the box.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, greenie22 said:

Ha ha ha.  I hear you but there is a method to my madness.  I noticed that it is meticulously packed in the box with padding.  I don't want to take it out and when I head to the armor party risk breaking it when packing it up.  I just ordered my boots from TK Boots and an case from Home Depot.  Once the case comes in, I will rip open the box.

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it!

54 minutes ago, greenie22 said:

Should I go ahead and submit my 501st application now or should I wait until the costume is completely put together?

you MUST have a completed costume before submitting. not point until you do

• Like 2

1 minute ago, greenie22 said:

Is the blaster required for approval or can it wait?  Trooper Bay is setting an E-11 blaster but for the steep price of $250 plus shipping.

It is optional.

Optional Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below. If adding in an accessory after initial approval, the item still needs to be submitted to local GML for approval before use.

It is optional.

Optional Accessories
Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below. If adding in an accessory after initial approval, the item still needs to be submitted to local GML for approval before use.
Oh good. I have already sunk enough money into this build. Dang. Ha ha ha

6 hours ago, greenie22 said:

https://www.imperialboots.com/product/strapkit/

Should I use this for my strapping?  Do you believe it is a complete set?

Well depends on how you want to strap it all together and your size.  It appears to be a complete strap kit but it still needs to fit your build/frame.

The strapping kit has brackets for the back and chest which is easy and great to use if you have a return edge on those pieces.