Can I use...

Can I use Amazing Goop to build my armor? I have had several people tell me to use it and was just wondering if and how it went for others. They told me the E6000 breaks down after some time and has stained their armor. Hope someone can give me some more info on the use of, or avoiding of, certain build materials...THANKS ALL!!!

E6000 is the go to for a good reason.  I've not heard of anyone having issues with genuine E6000, but be careful buying online as there are fakes about.

I don't know anything about Amazing goop so I can't really help on that side.

I started my build with a glue other then e6000 and it dried yellowish. Clear E6000 dries clear, holds strong, and can be removed with some light force if needed to readjust. I know this for a fact a few times over. I know other countries have had E6000 issues where it’s been a different make up of glue but in the states it’s easily obtainable at Joanne’s, or craft shops. It’s not expensive and is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used E6000 on nearly every part of nearly all my builds.  It has never stained any parts of my armor and has never broken down over two years of use.  

I've used E6000 on practically all my builds too..and haven't had any real issues. My ROTJ TK is going on 6 or 7 years old and still holding up strong.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I have some E6000 which has changed to a yellow colouring BUT it can be removed and has not stained the armor, I have found it is a great glue if you need to separate pieces again, while many other glues won't.

I used E6000 on mine and didn't have any discoloration at all. This is the first I've heard of any discoloration issues from anyone. Mine dried clear and is still clear on areas inside where I can see the glue. If it does happen , it must take more than a year . Maybe a couple of years.

Please note that there are certain online sellers (including Europe) that are selling FAKE E-6000.  The genuine product is clearly marked Made in the USA, and has a batch number on each tube.  They do not sell to distributors in China or Hong Kong, so if you try to save a few bucks by ordering from a seller there, it is probably not the real stuff. If you have any doubts, you can contact the manufacturer at www.eclecticproducts.com, and they will let you know where to get it.  The fake stuff is absolute garbage.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I havent used E6000 since its not available in my country, I used blue UHU for plastics and its STRONG... it fuses the parts together, no trace of glue left but its kind of permanent, no ungluing once its there. I hope this is useful

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So far the stuff I am using is awesome. cleans up pretty easy from the spill out and is holding strong. only "problem" is there doesn't seem to be an "easy fix" like said to be with E6000. Luckily I am being very cautious with what I am doing and trying to get things perfect before actually applying it.