TheSwede`s Sandtrooper build [RS]

TheSwede

1 hour ago, sandtrooper said:

Man, matching that weathering is going to take some time.  You're doing terrific so far!

I think the contrast is a bit of on that pic but it’s going to be a challenge for sure:smiley-sw013:

8tuGTeZ.jpg

And this how far I managed today (tape is just there for checking fit) and left bicep needs coverstrips but didn’t have time for that - but there’s always tomorrow :)

2waTUf4.jpg

• Like 1

Very jealous that you have access to such an amazing workspace.

Looking forward to the weathering!

27 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Very jealous that you have access to such an amazing workspace.

Looking forward to the weathering!

Yeah it`s great:) The suit is hanging right beside my workspace as I´m typingB)

Me too and at the same time I`m thinking: -but it`s so nice and shiny....might have to get another set to dirty up:lol: (well that`s not an option....:P)

6 hours ago, wook1138 said:

It is coming along great!  You are inspiring me to get something done.

Yeah we started in opposite direction - you on the helmet and me with the armor:) 

Received my pouches from Blaster 8266 (MEPD) and did a full suit-up, the helmet isn`t ready but I still put it on as I didn`t want to give Dan another scare:P

jFkvNy7.jpg

• Like 3

Started the weathering by using fullers earth, hairspray and a sponge...but what caught my eye was the tubestripes (had the helmet sitting on a stool) they looked way of so just wanted to show they are a pencil width all the way.....not entirely happy with them as I just free-handed them between two stripes of tape...gonna give it some thought and then redo if I feel like it:smiley-sw013:

3uToIjZ.jpgQFVrJv5.jpg

Anyways...started with the shins and boots...still need to fill in some creases on the boots and under the raised edges of the shins, in generall were dirt would accumulate....the great thing by using hairspray is that you can easily remove it and start over, or go clean TK, but the same time resilient enough to stay put.....not to sure about heavy rain though so tread carefully^_^

And..going about this by using the principle of "less is more" and taking my time:)

Too little...?

eFqmxBv.jpg

Too much....?

Avn9khn.jpg

Just enough...?

2d4lGLb.jpg

Comparison - and the weathering stands out more "in person" than the pics show so I guess it`s kind of hard to give feedback but wanted to share all the same:)

5aXqAw7.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Daniel.  Looks very nice as usual.  :duim:

Looking at this, I started to wonder... are there any reference pics for these shins? 

I was going to start with the arms and legs too, but seeing this made me realize that I will need to start with the chest (well referenced and distinctive) and then make the less seen parts match it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're right on as far as the degree of weathering. Less is more. There's a few pics where it looks like these guys were engaged in a mud wrestling which I can't see as realistic. A professional soldier, such as an Imperial Stormtrooper, is not going to walk around for long with a a huge amount of mud splotches on his armor. Either he or is peers/superior are going to remark on his sloven appearance and demand that he police that *%#*. 

• Like 2

Well...the plan for today was to work more with the weathering but I forgot the weathering stuff so instead I took the submission pics and sent them to my GML so the trip amounted to something (I´m working on the kit at my workplace) Also had planned to make a video among the sands of the ruined beach-volleball field but there was heavy raining so decided not to:smiley-sw013:

bRpklxW.jpg

• Like 1