TheSwede`s Sandtrooper build [RS]

TheSwede

@CableGuyThe helmet need some more work, the "burn-mark" on the forehead and som other bits and the splash over the pauldron and chest and some touching-ups in general:)

e7US5Qk.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TheSwede said:

@CableGuyThe helmet need some more work, the "burn-mark" on the forehead and som other bits and the splash over the pauldron and chest and some touching-ups in general:)

e7US5Qk.jpg

Darker color for the darker areas I'm suggesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Yea so my wife told me I can’t read your posts anymore because it makes me want to spend more money. Other then that it looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laugh1: Thanks for the kudos Frank :D

Hi Daniel

Looking awesome, as always!!

Just a quick question - how will this stand up to a wet troop? Are you sealing the weathering with something on top of the hairspray?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Just a quick question - how will this stand up to a wet troop? Are you sealing the weathering with something on top of the hairspray?

Turns out not that great, to my surprise I might ad.....it was raining that day and I took the pics outside and there were "rain-drops" pretty much all over...easy fix by dabbing it with a sponge but weren`t expecting that.....I had an efx helmet that I did the same to and had a hard (well...) time removing the weathering and using warm water alone didn`t cut it so based on that I thought it would hold up better (different hair spray might play a part).....but still not planning on adding a top coat, although I´m not planning on removing the weathering I still want the option. Solution - going heavier with the hairspray and see how that holds up :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2

Hey Daniel, I see you used a piece of ABS to help secure the kidney-to-ab straps (upper right of picture).  I've seen this in a number of builds.  What is the benefit of this?  Is it because you used elastic? Thanks.

MytKsjE.jpg

7 hours ago, Cricket said:

Congrats! Soooo.... What's the next project?  ;)

Thanks and still waiting on that FOTK armor and according to earlier statments all back orders should be fullfilled by end of june - so here’s hoping:icon_beg:

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Hey Daniel, I see you used a piece of ABS to help secure the kidney-to-ab straps (upper right of picture).  I've seen this in a number of builds.  What is the benefit of this?  Is it because you used elastic? Thanks.

MytKsjE.jpg

On my other suits I noticed after a while that the small washers started to eat through said elastic and this was a way to prevent that and using a full strip instead of tabs makes it more rigid:)

3 minutes ago, MrSnrub said:

Looking awesome, as a fellow sandy how did you attach the shoulder ammo pouch without the backpack straps?

Thanks:salute: and I’m waiting on my pack so I just used tape in the meantime:)